Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MYP where is 30 day FSD trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just purchased MYP 25 May. First Tesla, but enjoying figuring everything out (and scaring the šŸ’© out of my wife by showing her the quickness to get to the speed limit šŸ˜‰, doesnā€™t compare to her Mazda CX50).

My question- do I need to do something to get the 30 day new purchase FSD trial? I keep looking on the app where it should be, but nothing for FSD is there. Do I need to enable by subscribing and first 30 days are free? Iā€™ve tried searching this topic but threads are all about the universal free trial in April.

Thanks!

Just purchased MYP 25 May. First Tesla, but enjoying figuring everything out (and scaring the šŸ’© out of my wife by showing her the quickness to get to the speed limit šŸ˜‰, doesnā€™t compare to her Mazda CX50).

My question- do I need to do something to get the 30 day new purchase FSD trial? I keep looking on the app where it should be, but nothing for FSD is there. Do I need to enable by subscribing and first 30 days are free? Iā€™ve tried searching this topic but threads are all about the universal free trial in April.

Thanks!
LOL you gotta relax. The 30 day FSD trial begins when you receive one of the recent software updates. It should come in the 2024.14.6 or later software update. So the first thing you should do is go to your "About" section in your car and verify which software build that you have. Chances are it is not that software build and you will eventually get prompted the software update and you can see which version it will try to install. You also get an email shortly after the software update has completed. I think what is more important is calibrating the cameras in the car and getting used to the car before you dive on the deep end with FSD. You will eventually get it and once you try it you will find certain cases FSD is good for and some that are not that great so FSD is not perfect.

I forget the exact name of the setting but in car you can select in the Software settings Advanced to get releases of the newest software quicker. The default setting is likely Standard.
Not sure if that will speed up your first software update after delivery but is worth a shot!