Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD is finally Real for $99/month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was never going to pay $199/mo for FSD. At least I don't think so. But when I got the 30 day free trial for 12.3.3, I was blown away how well it had improved. And when it dropped to $99/mo, that became a no brainer. I bought FSD back in 2021 and when I sold it, the software went with it. So never again was I going to buy FSD. Then came along $99/mo last week and said "Well, that's a no brainer" and subscribed. The parking lot parking feature has been perfect which is my wife's favorite feature. No it just needs to learn to pull out and into my driveway which I know is coming.

I think Tesla just found FSD on earth to be more complicated than FSD in space..

I was never going to pay $199/mo for FSD. At least I don't think so. But when I got the 30 day free trial for 12.3.3, I was blown away how well it had improved. And when it dropped to $99/mo, that became a no brainer. I bought FSD back in 2021 and when I sold it, the software went with it. So never again was I going to buy FSD. Then came along $99/mo last week and said "Well, that's a no brainer" and subscribed. The parking lot parking feature has been perfect which is my wife's favorite feature. No it just needs to learn to pull out and into my driveway which I know is coming.

I think Tesla just found FSD on earth to be more complicated than FSD in space..
Not sure if you have used v12 much yet. I have it on two cars and would describe it as promising, but also having a new set of limitations to learn. Lots of reports of wheels curbed and I too have had some close calls. Still too hesitant on unprotected turns. I miss using the scroll wheel on newer car and stalk on older car to tweak speed when FSD is either too fast or too slow.

The biggest issue for me is the lack of acknowledgment of basic driving regulations, especially school zones.

Definitely promising software but I think the Beta tag should have remained.

I think being able to subscribe to something for $99/mo is much more palatable and a good move by Tesla, but I'm not sold on FSD after trying it out. I only care about enabling it on highways and being able to change lanes without disabling it like EAP, but its following manners are too conservative and annoy people behind you for leaving such a huge gap vs. EAP. Both are inferior to AP1. FSD does nothing to reduce stress on secondary streets and in fact is worse than just driving myself.

I think being able to subscribe to something for $99/mo is much more palatable and a good move by Tesla, but I'm not sold on FSD after trying it out. I only care about enabling it on highways and being able to change lanes without disabling it like EAP, but its following manners are too conservative and annoy people behind you for leaving such a huge gap vs. EAP. Both are inferior to AP1. FSD does nothing to reduce stress on secondary streets and in fact is worse than just driving myself.
I agree that FSD on city streets is far too fussy and is annoying to me and to other drivers. But on highways, it works pretty well. BTW you can adjust to the following distance in the settings, you chose Chill, Average, or Aggressive. I have EAP and I don't think FSD is worth the $$$ just to add city driving. But all things considered, I have been impressed.

Definitely promising software but I think the Beta tag should have remained.

I agree. And continuing the elon tradition of misleading naming of ADAS options, FSDSupervised does not accept input from the supervisor.

This is an ADAS, Advanced Driver-Assistance System, that ignores input from the driver and insists it can do better. In theory the driver is supposed to be in control of the vehicle but if one wants to use FSDS, we have a binary choice:

a. use the system as is with all its flaws (speeding, holding up traffic, incorrect lane choices for turns, curbing wheels, hitting potholes)

b. disengage the system and drive manually because TACC has been removed as an option if you wish FSD to be enabled.

In many ways this is worse than just an FSDbeta label because behaviours well understood in FSDbeta have changed and there is no clear explanation of the new speed and following distance settings, tesla won't admit that controlled-access, divided highways, are on V11, not V12 (so speed behaviour is different and elements of those settings are used/ignored) and a host of new, unpredictable behaviours are present.

I'd say this is the most egregious example of a tesla eff-u to ADAS developers who follow the rules in the interest of safety and roll out software only when it is predictable and can be documented.