Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I am looking more into differences in production on M from before:

A. What is the difference I keep hearing about in the the headlight design from prior models and from LR vs Performance?
B. Can anybody confirm that the new ones being delivered are coming with mudflaps and the rear PPF on the door? I purchased the mudflaps already and will return if they are standard now.

I am sure I will have more questions later. Thanks to those that respond.

In regards to question B, what I've seen on a few other threads is that certain snow-laden, northeastern areas come with the PPF. I think one response was out of Canada and had something to do with a class-action suit that resulted in deliveries with PPF.

Reactions: Spikeitaudi
The 2021 Tesla Performance Model Y comes with projector beam LED headlights. The 2021 Long Range Model Y comes with the older, non-projector beam LED headlights. (You can find videos on Youtube that compare these two styles of headlights and the light pattern they produce.)

Tesla is experimenting with including Tesla front mud flaps and in some cases PPF on Tesla Model Y vehicles sold in certain regions of North America. I do not believe that Tesla Model Y sold in NJ currently receive the mud flaps or the PPF but check with your Tesla Sales Advisor.

Reactions: Spikeitaudi