Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Order Pricing and Reported Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about getting a Model 3 and am new to this forum. Had a few questions:

1) does anyone get discounts on the cars when they order them or if they buy them at the dealer and if so what % discount
2) I have looked at several of the threads and other than up front build quality there does not seem to be many reported "issues / problems" with the car - can anyone direct me to where there are the most reported issues with the car
3) How long will the battery last, I typically keep my cars for 10-12 years, will the battery last that long and if not what would it cost to replace it

Thanks in advance

The only discounts would be for demo models (when they are available). Like srk2018 mentioned, referral codes are available from existing Tesla owners.
There have been various issues reported. Nothing really widespread and most seem to be early issues that are tapering off.
Most people seem to "upgrade" before the various warranties expire.

There are a few long range RWD vehicles coming off the demo circuit since this is now an off menu option, have your local owner advisor check if you don't mind a few thousand miles on your "new" car. I strongly considered one, but the one near me had the 19 wheels, which nearly ate up the discount and didn't seem worth it. They've never been registered so they still generally count as new for taxes, insurance, and financing.