Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner Intro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to say a quick hi on the forums. I've been stalking the site here for a few month and everyones input was super helpful in my purchase. Here's a quick run down:

Model: Red SR+, White interior, 18".

Purchased: Late October. Purchased off the used inventory with 51 miles on it at the Fremont Delivery Center. My car had recently been totaled and I wasn't willing to wait for a new model in Dec. I was able to effectively get $4k off.

The car was in excellent condition minus a few issues with the paint (had some tree sap, probably because it was stored for a while). This was a Late july 2019 build car, so I basically got the car I wanted quickly. Delivery was a pretty good experience, they service guys took care of the tree sap I pointed out, and the car was in perfect condition.

When I drove it off the lot, I had to blare White Stripes (Seven Nation Army) and let it rip outside the facility. This car makes me feel like a kid again . :)

I just got it back from the shop after some exterior and interior treatments. I'll post pics in the Exterior forum.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts here. I love to over analyze, so I spent a lot of late nights learning about the right model and Vin # to look for in my search.

Attachments

• Car Day 1.jpg
    Car Day 1.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 75
Car accidents really mess up one's buying plans don't they? and glad you were able to find the car you wanted at the last minute. Not always easy to do as you know from reading posts on here. Glad to read Tesla took care of your sap issues and got you on the road. Car looks great and will look for your post on your mods to it. They are great cars and super love driving mine. Welcome to the family and to TMC and thanks for sharing your buying experience.

Don't forget to check out any rebate you get from PG&E if charging at home. And since I saw in another thread you were waiting to apply for your HOV sticker, might want to look into this as well since you're on the east bay side: FasTrak

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakaman
Car accidents really mess up one's buying plans don't they? and glad you were able to find the car you wanted at the last minute. Not always easy to do as you know from reading posts on here. Glad to read Tesla took care of your sap issues and got you on the road. Car looks great and will look for your post on your mods to it. They are great cars and super love driving mine. Welcome to the family and to TMC and thanks for sharing your buying experience.

Don't forget to check out any rebate you get from PG&E if charging at home. And since I saw in another thread you were waiting to apply for your HOV sticker, might want to look into this as well since you're on the east bay side: FasTrak

Thanks for the info. I'm wokring on the PGE rebate as we speak. I do have the FastTrak from my previous car, but I'm looking forward to the HOV Stickers for some cheaper toll fares. It funny, I'm enjoying the car so much I don't mind the commute as much. And with AutoPilot or TACC it makes the ride much easier. Given how clogged the HOV is on 680, it really only saves me 10 min most times.

Reactions: SMAlset
I was on these forums for months before I decided to buy as well. The complaints are always going to be loud, but I had noticed that the overall tone in the owner happiness started to change this summer. That's what made me decide to buy in September.
This forum is better than any advertising that Tesla could do.