Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner with minor paint defect - how long till fix (and badge)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I picked up my performance 3 this weekend (9/22), everything was very good but there were a couple of minor paint issues, and of course the badge wasn't installed. They took pictures of the paint defects and said I'd be contacted to schedule fixes / badge install, which is fine with me. So far haven't heard anything though. Anyone know how long they've been taking with this sort of thing?

Obviously I expect it'll take longer than usual due to the high number of deliveries the past couple of weeks. I'm not in a huge rush, but I do want to have a clear bra / ceramic coating put on before the front gets chipped, and I'd like the paint defects fixed first, so need to think about scheduling.

Be sure you take it to a quality paint shop who has proven Model 3 experience. Tesla will give you a repair order with an email address for the repair shop to communicate with Tesla and have the repair approved. Keep in mind you will want to wait at least two weeks before installing any clear bra over the repainted areas.

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
Be sure you take it to a quality paint shop who has proven Model 3 experience. Tesla will give you a repair order with an email address for the repair shop to communicate with Tesla and have the repair approved. Keep in mind you will want to wait at least two weeks before installing any clear bra over the repainted areas.
Tesla allows you to choose which shop?