Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Rims for 2011 Roadster 2.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For 2.5 forged rims, if you have some, you should get them refinished. If you want a spare set, be prepared to spend bigly. Maybe $1000 a rim. Someone is selling the cast base rims for €1000 euros which is a steal. Even if only to put on your car while you get yours refinished. There are very few sets of original rims for sale, aftermarket there are a few options but mostly dictated by tire size. You could go square 17’s, or 17/18. Getting 16/17 wheels limits you to Momo hyperstar evos if you can find some. Or custom forged. Again get ready to spend some serious cash, going that route you may as well go to Carl for a one stop shopping spree as they have taken the guess work out of having the correct offset and clearance of the calipers.

For 2.5 forged rims, if you have some, you should get them refinished. If you want a spare set, be prepared to spend bigly. Maybe $1000 a rim. Someone is selling the cast base rims for €1000 euros which is a steal. Even if only to put on your car while you get yours refinished. There are very few sets of original rims for sale, aftermarket there are a few options but mostly dictated by tire size. You could go square 17’s, or 17/18. Getting 16/17 wheels limits you to Momo hyperstar evos if you can find some. Or custom forged. Again get ready to spend some serious cash, going that route you may as well go to Carl for a one stop shopping spree as they have taken the guess work out of having the correct offset and clearance of the calipers.
Thanks for the response! I put some OZ racing rims and tires on a few years back and under normal driving they are fine, but in parking lots the front tires rub with extreme turns. I have two sets of original rims, one with summer tires and one with winter ice bears. My rims are fine. I was just hoping for a more modern look. A detail buddy of mine wrapped the car a few years back and the car looks awesome! He is the one who put the OZ rims on, but I have concerns about performance and I hate the rubbing!

Thanks for the response! I put some OZ racing rims and tires on a few years back and under normal driving they are fine, but in parking lots the front tires rub with extreme turns. I have two sets of original rims, one with summer tires and one with winter ice bears. My rims are fine. I was just hoping for a more modern look. A detail buddy of mine wrapped the car a few years back and the car looks awesome! He is the one who put the OZ rims on, but I have concerns about performance and I hate the rubbing!
I forgot to say that the OZ rims are 17" and 18". He has connections to a few custom casting operations and said he could get me some for about $1000/wheel.

1EF8BEF2-2889-4D38-BE8B-7ED66D087C60.jpeg

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of town and don't have the sign in on my phone(will fix that!) I'm not seeing the option of which you speak? OE 2.5 twist style. Are you suggesting that I contact Carl to see if he has any?
I use them as a square set, need 5mm spacers to clear the front calipers,
I use them as a square set, need 5mm spacers to clear the front calipers,
Are you using 17" on both axles? Do you get any rubbing in the front on hard turns in parking lots?