Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New sun visors with lighted vanity mirrors - Part numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to upgrade my sun visors with the latest version that has the lighted vanity mirrors and the magnetic mirror cover. So, I asked my local Service Center for a price and part number, but they were not able to find a part number for the latest model. :-(

Does someone have access to these part numbers?
My Model S has the "standard" light alcantara headliner (not the black).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Reactions: Bebop
Thanks JPP.

So, the part descriptions and numbers for the BLACK sun visors are:

ASY SUNVISOR LH ULTRASUEDE BLACK NA (1143824-86-B)
ASY SUNVISOR RH ULTRASUEDE BLACK NA (1143825-86-B)

Now, we just need the same for the white (standard) headliner with alcantara...

• Informative
Reactions: mb300sd
Thanks JPP.

So, the part descriptions and numbers for the BLACK sun visors are:

Now, we just need the same for the white (standard) headliner with alcantara...

...so bring these part numbers to your service center and get them to look up the right number for the light headliner...

...so bring these part numbers to your service center and get them to look up the right number for the light headliner...
Yes, I already did. They were able to find the corresponding ones in white (actually CREAM ALCANTARA) but did not give me the actual part numbers yet. I specifically requested the numbers and description and am currently waiting for the reply.
According to my SeC there are none in stock in all of Europe.
Price point is at $ 145 + VAT each (according to current exchange rate from DKK).

I finally got the part numbers and rough descriptions (not exact) for the white (cream) interior sun visors.

Just to summarize everything:

BLACK Alcantara

CREAM Alcantara
ASY SUNVISOR LH CREME ALCANTARA (1143824-87-B)
ASY SUNVISOR RH CREME ALCANTARA (1143825-87-B)

The 2018 Sun Visors have arrived and I now have the exact description :

CREAM Alcantara
ASY SUNVISOR LH ALCANTARA CREME NA (1143824-87-B)
ASY SUNVISOR RH ALCANTARA CREME NA (1143825-87-B)

This is the model for the North American market. Unfortunately, I have no information about the EU part numbers.

Here are some pictures:
New Sun Visors - Light.jpg New Sun Visors.jpg

And a comparison to the old version from 2013:
2013vs2018_a.jpg 2013vs2018_b.jpg 2013vs2018_c.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Knightowl
So, today we were visiting our local Tesla show room and I had a chance to check out the part numbers for the new sun visors for the EU market. Interestingly, I was not able to find these part numbers in the public Tesla Parts Catalog, so I guess this will be quite valuable information for EU drivers.
One more interesting thing I was able to see: One of the Models S displayed in our local showroom did have the standard, cloth headliner. Since the new sun visors with lighting do only exist in Alcantara, this Model S did feature Alcantara sun visors in combination with the cloth headliner.

Here is the updated parts list:

BLACK Alcantara US/NA

CREAM Alcantara US/NA
ASY SUNVISOR LH CREAM ALCANTARA (1143824-87-B)
ASY SUNVISOR RH CREAM ALCANTARA (1143825-87-B)

BLACK Alcantara EU
ASY SUNVISOR LH ULTRASUEDE BLACK EU* (1143824-46-B)
ASY SUNVISOR RH ULTRASUEDE BLACK EU* (1143825-46-B)

CREAM Alcantara EU
ASY SUNVISOR LH CREAM ALCANTARA* (1143824-47-B)
ASY SUNVISOR RH CREAM ALCANTARA* (1143825-47-B)

*Since I don't have the part description, this is just my best guess.

The first 6 digits appear to be the same, while the 7th denote the driver's side (with a "4") and the passenger side (with a "5"). The next digit (8th) shows the region, "8" for US/NA and "4" for EU and the 9th digit the color, "6" for black and "7" for cream.

For comparison, this is how the EU Sun Visors look in "Cream" (white):
EU Sun Visors.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Any installation details you can share for a late year 2017 retrofit? Is this easy DIY or do I need to tear apart the entire headliner and MacGyver power from the 12v battery? /s

The newer models (I think since late 2014 when AP1 was introduced) and up until 2018 when the lighted vanity mirrors actually became a reality do not have the necessary cables installed in order to do the easy retrofit.

User @JPP did make a guide on how to retrofit the sun visors for those who don't have the proper harness available already.
You can check his guide by looking at this post from him. You will need to find the proper +12V power from the center area of the headliner where the microphone resides and deploy your own cable.
Yes, it is a bit more work, but reading his description it is not too difficult.
I added some additional things to consider based on my own experience later on in the same thread with this post.

Reactions: djlott
I can't find the other thread, but finally got around to doing this retrofit on my 2017 S. The first thing I want to point out is there is absolutely no wiring harness in the headliner for the mirrors. You need to custom wire the entire thing, I don't know what vin range introduced the headliner wiring harness, but it did not exist for my early 2017 built S. I ended up making a custom harness to connect to the mirrors to the speaker grill 12v power.

A few tips, there's no "easy" path in the visor cutout to get from the place the mirror anchors to the speaker grill power. However, if you pull your headliner down, you'll see a small circle to the left the anchor point. There's barely enough room to fish two 20gauge wires through from the anchor post, through the top of the sheet metal and then out the round hole that gives a clear shot to the headliner. I'll post more pictures later, but for now here's a few.

All in all it was a PITA to do, but in the end it looks good and the WAF for the car went up by 10 pts.

Image from iOS.jpg

Image from iOS (2).jpg

Image from iOS (3).jpg

Attachments

• Image from iOS.jpg
    Image from iOS.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 584
  • Informative
Reactions: sorka and duybile
I can't find the other thread, but finally got around to doing this retrofit on my 2017 S. The first thing I want to point out is there is absolutely no wiring harness in the headliner for the mirrors. You need to custom wire the entire thing, I don't know what vin range introduced the headliner wiring harness, but it did not exist for my early 2017 built S. I ended up making a custom harness to connect to the mirrors to the speaker grill 12v power.

A few tips, there's no "easy" path in the visor cutout to get from the place the mirror anchors to the speaker grill power. However, if you pull your headliner down, you'll see a small circle to the left the anchor point. There's barely enough room to fish two 20gauge wires through from the anchor post, through the top of the sheet metal and then out the round hole that gives a clear shot to the headliner. I'll post more pictures later, but for now here's a few.

All in all it was a PITA to do, but in the end it looks good and the WAF for the car went up by 10 pts.

View attachment 378613

View attachment 378615

View attachment 378612

Here's my post:

Model S gets lighted vanity mirrors

if this helps...

I am based in Hong Kong and I called Tesla today and asked them to order the lighted vanity mirrors for my 2017 Model S. They declined and they said I am not allowed to order any parts doesn’t match my VIN. Is this the same case in other countries or region?

I am based in Hong Kong and I called Tesla today and asked them to order the lighted vanity mirrors for my 2017 Model S. They declined and they said I am not allowed to order any parts doesn’t match my VIN. Is this the same case in other countries or region?

No, I had no problems ordering / getting the visors from my SC for my 2017S