Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Center coming to Gypsum, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^ While it will be nice to have a Service Center in Western Colorado a bit closer to home,
I'm really glad to see a new center in Eagle County as I spend most of the year there and was thinking I'm a bit safer with the ICE car. Now help will be closer.

I bet a search of locations shows Tesla would have rather been closer to Aspen but Gypsum is more affordable for them and employees.

Stopped by the forthcoming Gypsum Service Center today and Eagle Vail Airport.

The Service Center looks like it could open today. Signage is up, parking lot is perfectly painted with all spots numbered, and the hours are listed in all the doors. It will be a sales, service, and delivery center. There are also fences up to close off the back of the service center where the Superchargers are located. Today, a Sunday, I could drive into the main parking lot, but could not even see the Superchargers, let alone access them. It seems the Superchargers will be for internal Tesla use only. Regardless, it looks like it could open any day now.

Regarding the airport, the Superchargers are still cable locked. But they are not in the rental car section. They are in a small, permit parking only lot (no permit needed for EV charging). Notably, they are immediately adjacent to the state funded ChargePoint fast chargers. This suggests to me that the Superchargers might be publicly accessible … someday.

IMG_7135.jpeg
IMG_7136.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Pricedm