Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new Tesla Model Y has a rear wheel alignment issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator Note: Originally posted to Model S forum.

«У новой Tesla Model Y проблема с развалом задних колес. На моей новой Tesla Model Y Performance с пробегом 20 000 миль внутренняя часть покрышки стерлась до корда из-за неправильного сход-развала. Я связался с Теслой; отрегулировали развал-схождение, но сказали, что регулировка развала не применима. Колеса смещены, что приводит к износу внутренней части шины. Что мне делать в этой ситуации?»

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpeg
    IMG_0655.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
At 20k i'd be needing new tires anyway, since i've got a heavy right foot. Haven't had a new car's OEM tires last much more than that before needing replacement (due to even wear).

I guess at this point you're aligned and ready for a new set of rubber.

Not sure tesla or anybody else would be liable as tires are a wear item anyway. A few bad potholes and you could get knocked out of whack anyway.

If you said 2000 miles, i'd start reaching out to tesla to see if they'd cover all or part of the replacement cost.

Upvote 0
I have a new 2024 Model Y AWD, and under heavy acceleration the car was pulling to the right. After about 3 weeks of ownership I scheduled a service call, they confirmed there was an issue with the right rear toe-in, did a complete alignment and fixed the issue -- but then charged my $275 for an alignment on a new car that came from the factory with an alignment problem. Shouldn't this be covered under the warranty? Where do I go to complain to Tesla, besides posting to Elon on X?

Upvote 0
I have a new 2024 Model Y AWD, and under heavy acceleration the car was pulling to the right. After about 3 weeks of ownership I scheduled a service call, they confirmed there was an issue with the right rear toe-in, did a complete alignment and fixed the issue -- but then charged my $275 for an alignment on a new car that came from the factory with an alignment problem. Shouldn't this be covered under the warranty? Where do I go to complain to Tesla, besides posting to Elon on X?
Tesla takes care of delivery issues that are reported within 3 days/100 miles. Sometimes they’ll stretch it a bit further. And Y’s are known to have alignment issues from the factory.

After 3 weeks and xxx miles, you could have made a case to have it goodwilled before they completed the service. But if your mileage is too high, they could also easily say you hit large potholes to cause the issue. Not saying you did, but after say 1000 miles, things happen and you may be SOL.

Upvote 0
Tesla takes care of delivery issues that are reported within 3 days/100 miles. Sometimes they’ll stretch it a bit further. And Y’s are known to have alignment issues from the factory.

After 3 weeks and xxx miles, you could have made a case to have it goodwilled before they completed the service. But if your mileage is too high, they could also easily say you hit large potholes to cause the issue. Not saying you did, but after say 1000 miles, things happen and you may be SOL.
Service was 3 weeks after delivery, well less than 1000 miles - wasn't aware of 3 day / 100 mile limit. But after talking to the service manager there I got it covered under warranty. I get the reason alignments aren't usually covered under warranty though - but this came like that new, and it wasn't evident until I did heavy acceleration, which I just hadn't tried much until after 3 days had passed. Anyway, all OK and kudos to Tesla for being cool about it..

Reactions: karkrazy
Upvote 0