Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just pre-ordered my first Tesla Model Y and have a few questions for current owners. I live in Northwest Arkansas and wondering how is it delivered to me? what is the cheapest way if I have to pay for shipping?
I was told by the show room in Dallas that I can return it within 7 days, if I have it shipped to me and I return it do I have to pay shipping back? Would like to know other new user purchased experiences so I know what to expect.

Also if I need work dont on it where do I go?

Thanks

I'll answer your questions.... As of today it would be either delivered to your home or nearest Service Center ("SC"), depending on whether you are more or less than 50 miles from a SC. Shipping price is fixed. You can turn the car back within 7 days or 1000 miles and get all of your money back. Other's experience - Use the "Search" function of this forum.

You would be tying up a $2500 refundable deposit accruing no interest or dividends. However, the configuration I ordered back in March is priced $1500 more now. Pretty good ROI, IMO

There remains a question on the future of sale and service stores. The state I am currently in does not have any stores. Closing stores and service cutbacks don't sit well with me.

That's a valid question about returning the car, especially if there is no service center nearby.

Perhaps Tesla has a secret Return Mode they can activate allowing the car to simply return itself. It's probably coming...

Seriously though, my sister lives in Vermont and the nearest service center is quite distant in another state. She and her husband are thrilled with their Model 3 and the amazing Tesla mobile service that has addressed a couple of minor issues, right in the driveway of their home!

Tesla is not perfect, but they are pushing the envelope of the car ownership experience. An amazing company!

You would be tying up a $2500 refundable deposit accruing no interest or dividends. However, the configuration I ordered back in March is priced $1500 more now. Pretty good ROI, IMO
I was told by Tesla that a reservation does NOT lock in the price for either the car or options. It just puts you in line. I was going to reserve a Y to lock in the price of FSD but without that incentive it seems pretty pointless to make a reservation this far out.

Dan

• Informative
Reactions: GOVA