Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Referral Program for Past Owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a quick question: if I owned a Tesla before, but then sold it (transferred it), would I still be eligible for referral buyer’s bonus (3 months of FSD and 1 year of premium connectivity) after using a friend’s referral code to buy a new Model Y?

I know that terms and conditions say that benefits are not available to people who have owned a Tesla. However, Tesla advisor is saying something different, that I would at least get one of the following: the referral buyer’s benefit or the owner’s benefit of 10,000 points (I used my previous account’s email to place the order). Thus, I want to see if anyone has actual experience on this matter, regardless of how the referral program terms and conditions say. If I’m to get the latter, when should I expect the points to arrive (my account currently does not show any pending points)?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Great question, I'm in the same situation.We sold our M3 last week to Carvanna. I am setup for delivery on Sat so I guess I will find out then. Tesla now is giving 1yr connectivity, when I paid the deposit the other day it was only 3month FSD so hopefully they will give me both of these items or I would be fine with 10k points. I will be very disappointed if I receive nothing for not being a "current owner" and not a new customer.

I picked up my new MY today, I did receive 10k loyalty points but I only have 1 month of FSD and connectivity the sales people at tesla center said they will renew after a month but I got the feeling they really didn't know what's going on. I guess I will have to call customer service on Monday and see if I got 3months fsd and 1yr connect or only 1 month of each

Reactions: carlhy
I picked up my new MY today, I did receive 10k loyalty points but I only have 1 month of FSD and connectivity the sales people at tesla center said they will renew after a month but I got the feeling they really didn't know what's going on. I guess I will have to call customer service on Monday and see if I got 3months fsd and 1yr connect or only 1 month of each
Wow nice! I didn’t expect to get any FSD or premium connectivity on top of the 10k loyalty points. Thanks for sharing! Hope we all can get the additional 3 months of FSD and 1 year of premium connectivity in addition to the points.