Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried to get my tires replaced at Wheel Works. Turns out they don’t get the ones with the noise reducing foam inside. They are now putting the old tires back on. Will have to get toe OEM ones from Tesla, unless I want to live with more noise. :(

I believe Tesla installs the following tire which you can buy from Tirerack.com for less money:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...1PSSXLAC&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I personally go with the second "customer review" and prefer the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 K120 which is better and costs half the money. I already have the 3rd set of these Hankook tires on my Teslas. And you get $50 mail-in rebate. I bought from DiscountTireDirect.com for $672.48, no tax and free shipping, and have them installed by my local tire shop.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and P85_DA
I have used hankooks and they are a good tire ...I got 22k miles on my P85D ...although I had staggered setup I used a square setup with hankooks as they don’t make a 265 but they are good tires for the price

I just tried to get my tires replaced at Wheel Works. Turns out they don’t get the ones with the noise reducing foam inside. They are now putting the old tires back on. Will have to get toe OEM ones from Tesla, unless I want to live with more noise. :(
The foam is marketing BS. Someone did a study with audio equipment and there was no significant difference in noise.