Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New (to me) Model X looking for modifications!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a used 2016 Pearl White Model X P85D with Ludicrous Mode and I love it!
I just feel the need to do a few things to it and wanted to ask you guys about recommended shops in the Los Angeles area, tips, hints etc...

Here are the things I'd like to do:
1- Tinting: I would like a "clear" tint for the windshield and a darker tint for the side windows to help with the California heat
2- Chrome Delete: Replace all that shiny chrome with Satin Black
3- Ceramic Nano Coating: To protect and keep that Pearl White coat shiny
4- And this might seem weird to a lot of people: Remove the 22" black wheels and replace them with 20" or even 19" black ones. I drive on bad roads quite a bit and I don't want the wheels to take a beating if I miss a pothole or something.
5- Front and rear dash cams

Any advice? Other mods that I should look into? Know of a good shop for any of these mods?

You got a P90D ? Congrats ..you list P85D and they only made that in S ...you are lucky you are in SoCal as there are many shops that do above work you are requesting ...I suggest looking at the group buy in the model 3 forum for the tint and chrome delete ..tint comes in many flavors basic to ceramic...for dash cam checkout @EVTuning they have best deal on BlackVue cam which is popular in Tesla community ..I drive same roads in SoCal u do on 22s and never had issues

Ooops, you're right of course. I meant P90D :D
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.
The bad roads I was referring to are actually in Tijuana. I go to San Diego quite often for business and like to cross over to Tijuana for some tacos, or a Cesar salad at the Cesar's, the restaurant that invented it

I've been going there for years and never once felt unsafe.
I see plenty of MS, Porsche Cayennes, Maserattis, Mercedes etc waiting in line to cross back to the U.S.
Besides, should the worst happen... it's fully insured

I go TJ all the time ..you are bold taking Tesla there:eek: IMO insurance or not just not worth it ..u are just a target for the Mordida :oops: