Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New upgrade available in my app. Enhanced auto pilot for $6k. Wish they would offer accel boost for m3p.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I25 between Colorado Springs and Denver. People average about 90+.

I80 in Wyoming and Utah have a speed limit of 80 and at that speed even the big 18 wheelers are going 85+. Everyone else is going 90+.

I’ve also done multiple road trips and most people are doing 85+. In fact just drove from Denver to SF this weekend. We pegged AP at 85 and we’re mostly being passed constantly.
Been on those roads - without traffic people fly. Utah and WY - you can see for miles straight - kind of like I40 from El Paso to Austin - people fly.

Problem is, most people can't drive well - and recovering from a slide, stoppage in traffic, a sudden downpour that floods the road, an evasive action, avoiding a deer/animal/object on the roads at high speeds is usually not recoverable for the average drive over 80+ mph (let alone 90+). See that way to many times in my life. I try to avoid those accidents and stay away from the incompetent drivers.

Last edited:
Because the roads are flat and super straight without a lot of police, high way patrol or radar. Hammer down appears to be the new speed limit on I95 or the Beachline. That can't be said for most other states I have driven through or lived in.
Lmao, indeed. You could be going 110 on the left lane and someone will still be on your ass trying to pass you at +120...Also, the whole using the left lane to pass does not exist over here, unfortunately... I absolutely love it when I drive in states such as Georgia, SC, NC, etc, it's like people actually know how to drive on the highway.

Problem is, most people can't drive well - and recovering from a slide, stoppage in traffic, a sudden downpour that floods the road, an evasive action, avoiding a deer/animal/object on the roads at high speeds is usually not recoverable for the average drive over 80+ mph (let alone 90+). See that way to many times in my life. I try to avoid those accidents and stay away from the incompetent drivers.

Well, that is something we can agree on. As a former HPDE instructor the lack of basic car control that most people have used to be pretty shocking to me. And as bad as they were, the people I would get as new drivers for track days are probably better drivers than the majority of the population just by virtue of wanting to learn how to drive better.