Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Version of Owner's Manual Now Available 13 Mar 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the owner's manual has been updated with updated functionality of scroll wheels (aligned with what has been reported with 2018.12), amongst other minor text changes.

https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model 3 Owners Manual.pdf

Car Manual was hard to find online…. Should be easier to access via your Tesla Account. I found it at:

https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model 3 Owners Manual.pdf

This seems to be the latest, dated August 2018.

I downloaded it to read, as reading in the car is NOT convenient at all. So I use the downloaded copy in pDF on my mobile device because then I can search the content and have links to jumps to chapters and topics. The onboard copy of the manual is NOT searchable which is simply inexcusable, and is difficult to scroll through. You cannot just jump down you have to repeatedly swipe down to scroll. Why is that??? Really awkward and archaic interface. Furthermore, terms should be hyperlinked for navigation between sections of the manual, very few are. The index is somewhat OK for this, but again it’s not searchable by keyword, or scrollable in an efficient way.

Furthermore, terms WITHIN THE TEXT should be hyperlinked for navigation between sections of the manual, very few are. The index is hyperlinked for this, but again it’s NOT searchable by keyword, or scrollable in an efficient way. Please update the manual’s reading interface to be more modern and workable. Do the engineers think that people read their owner’s manual “cover to cover” from the passenger seat?

Also voice commands should be interfaced to the owner’s manual so you could say something like:

“Find information on seat adjustments” or “Read me information on speed assist settings” and the manual would access and display the appropriate information -- optionally read it out loud to the driver.

Now that would be useful!

I sent these suggestions via email to Tesla, as I didn't find others recommending this.... wonder if someone might update the interface to be more modern and usable?

Now that I have v9 I was looking for the updated manual. The Tesla site still has the same link as above that at this moment takes you to the same Aug. 1, 2018 manual also referenced above. Yet the car has a manual that has all the updates. Hard to run that manual thru the DIFF app on my Mac so I wanna find a newer copy online. If anyone spys it, let us know.

-Randy