Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie Supercharger Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I have just joined the forum and have just recently requested a test drive of a Model 3 at the Raleigh, NC location. I am trying to learn all I can about the Model 3. My current vehicle is a 2010 Prius.

Question, when connecting to a Supercharger how is your car identified in the Tesla system?

From what I’ve read on the forum, it’s the car that keeps track of charging duration and speed for billing purposes. The Supercharger only delivers energy up to the max rate requested by the car.

BTW I also upgraded to a Model 3 from a 2010 Prius. It has worked out great so far!

• Informative
Reactions: Scrutmonkey
From what I’ve read on the forum, it’s the car that keeps track of charging duration and speed for billing purposes. The Supercharger only delivers energy up to the max rate requested by the car.

BTW I also upgraded to a Model 3 from a 2010 Prius. It has worked out great so far!

That is good to hear! I have really enjoyed the Prius but I am ready to move to EV. From what I see and read it is hard to beat the Model 3.