Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NIAGARA/HALDIMAND - Electrician required

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 arriving on Tuesday looking for local electrician to install charger at our home (St. Catharines) and at our Cottage (Dunnvile). Also any advice which charger to buy and where to buy it from would be appreciated.

Cheers

I can’t recommend an electrician.

But I’ll give some advice (assuming you have an SR+):
- mobile connector bundle with a NEMA 14-50 is enough to charge your car.
- I would install a NEMA 14-50 in both homes and maybe buy one or two spare mobile connectors (if you’d like)

If you have an LR, the Tesla wall connector will always provide the best charging speed.

Congratulations, you’ll love the car!

We've used standard J1772 chargers with the adapter for over six years. Our first Eaton unit (discontinued) is now at my folks place and we currently use an early version of the Flo commercial chargers. Both have worked fine on 40A circuits (28-30A to the Tesla).

The Gen3 Tesla unit looks good if you only have a Tesla and will work up to 48A.

If I were starting from scratch I'd consider the OpenEVSE units: OpenEV Store - All Products

I also highly recommend getting a 240V socket installed and just plugging in the EVSE. Don't go hardwired.