Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nifty Model 3 cost/monthly payment tool: International version-Australia, China, Germany, Taiwan, UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been meaning to update my original US cost / monthly payment tool with support for international markets so that our fellow model 3 enthusiasts abroad can begin to warm up and prepare for deliveries that should start sometime next year. Just a lot of 'real life' happening and it required quite a bit of research to get all the data together and code it up. Finally made time to complete it this week. See link (and screen shots below):

Tesla Model 3 Better cost estimate
http:// www.model3guru.com / cost-estimates

Loan (monthly payment) - Australia

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 8.13.28 PM.png

Cash payment - Australia

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 8.12.22 PM.png

If there are any particular countries that is of interest please indicate in the comments and i'll queue it up and update. Its fairly easy to update for additional countries (except where the country has complicated taxation rules like Australia! ... that took a little more time).

So the big question is obviously ... Where the hell did you get international model 3 prices from ??

Of course these don't exist publicly ... yet. So I had to do the next best thing ... estimate using published Model S car prices and vehicle option prices.

For Vehicle options , the Model 3 prices for paint, tires, autopilot/FSD as exactly same as for Model S, so it was easy to copy those over directly. For Vehicle prices , for each country we have 3 data points for 75D, 100D and P100D - So it's more than enough to interpolate prices and estimate what the projected prices of Model 3 - SR, LR, AWD and P3D should be. Getting the additional taxes, deposits, delivery/documentation fees and costs had to be researched and matched to calculations for Model S using its design/cost tools.

I'm sure there may be a couple of edge cases that need to be tweaked, so feel free to respond to this thread with anything odd that you see and I will update.