Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Night Mode all the Time!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TBrownTX

Dec 25, 2020
Dallas, TX
Was poking around my settings just now and discovered you can set the display to day, night, or auto (I'm a newbie w/ user 500 miles).

I'm so happy! Only driven the car twice at night, and I loved when it switched to "night mode".

I run all my Macs and Apple devices on Dark Mode, so the big while screen really stood out when I got the car, in a bad way.

Now everything looks so much better w/ my black interior and carbon fiber dash. Was worried it might be harder to see, but nope!

Sometimes it's the little things....

Tim

1618232125092.png

Yeah I wish there was a way to crank up the contrast a little. It looks really cool but it’s hard to read and make out the symbology.

I’m able to see it fine, maybe because I’m using dark mode screens on all devices, or maybe because my anti-glare screen protector cuts down on glare? Some of the light gray fonts could be a little brighter, but to me, they are almost as hard to see on day mode after the last update. There’s just not a lot of contrast where they use those gray fonts, in day or night mode. Map, music and everything else is great.

Tim

• Funny
Reactions: Biggus