Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear view mirror stuck in night mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

The rear view mirror in my 2018 M3 is stuck in night mode (not sure what term Tesla uses) such that the image in the mirror is dark during the day, it’s almost unusable. Of course, unlike car mirrors of long ago, there is no little tab at the bottom to flip it back and forth between day and night mode, and there is no setting in the software interface to do that as far as I know.

Has anyone had that happen, and if so is there a fix other than having the mirror replaced? Yes, the mirror really isn’t all that useful, the rear view camera image is much better but I don’t typically have the rear view camera image up on the center display.

So this is embarrassing…

Recently I installed the Model 3 sunshade, front and rear. And that is why my rear view mirror looks so dark. :oops: Entirely my fault.

Regarding what @GtiMart posted: “You can at least try turning off this option in the settings, at the place where you adjust the mirrors. Maybe that will disable dimming so you can drive.”

I think that Auto Dim setting (as shown below) only applies to the side mirrors. But I appreciate the suggestion!

IMG_2680.jpeg

Reactions: GtiMart
It's a good suggestion, I'll try that... I've been wondering if the rear view mirror in my n2m MX is always on or if a fuse blew that allows it to go to daylight mode, the side mirrors you can tell they green up when headlights are coming up behind me, and in my TM3 you can tell that all three mirrors change at the same time, but the MX always looks dark in the inside mirror.