Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ EV Rebate - Misleading FSD Pricing Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the Model Y. It's an amazing vehicle. I haven't been able to drive it for a week because of a punctured tire, but it's a brand new model, and there happens to be a pandemic going on. I can understand things taking a while under the circumstances.

That being said, I'm currently rather upset with Tesla sales. I contacted them about trying to get the NJ EV rebate, and an option to change my order popped up.

Tesla Change Order Screen used to remove Full Self Driving on (March 6th 2020) - "$6,000 if added after delivery":
March 2020 FSD Order Change - annotated - resized.png

Tesla Upgrade to Full Self Driving screen on delivery day two weeks later (March 21st 2020) - "Buy for $7,000":
Add FSD March 2020 - resized.png

Tesla’s response after spending almost a month trying to resolve this:

“As with any company, prices are subject to change.”

I think the car, and Full Self-Driving is well worth the cost. However, it's really hard to stomach this.

$6000 was probably based on your original order date. I ordered 2/3/20 and FSD was $7000. If you order after delivery in the app you can effectively avoid some of the increase in price because you won’t pay sales tax. Also a yearly savings if your state has excise tax.

Reactions: preilly44