Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Supercharger Offline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
didn't your tesla come with the adapter? I thought it was standard to get that adapter, also a 110 adapter.
You're talking apples and oranges here. The J1772 adapter that all Teslas come with is to connect a J1772 charging station to the Tesla charge port. What you call the 110 (actually 120V adapter, NEMA 5-15 to be specific) is one of the two UMC adapters that the cars come with, the other being a NEMA 14-50 adapter.

This may seem like Tesla 101 to most owners, but I encountered an owner at a recent Tesla social who has only used his old Volt charging station with the J1772 adapter since he bought the car more than a year ago, had never seen a UMC and didn't even know he had one until I reached into the left side if his trunk and pulled out the charging bag.

There should be an extension cord you can plug in so you park in front of the aholes and charge your car and as an added bonus block them in. When they get pissed off bc you blocked them in maybe next time they'll think before ICEing a spot... probably not though, thats not what an ahole does.
Have you used a supercharger? An extension for a supercharger cable would have to be so thick it would be too heavy to move.

Have you used a supercharger? An extension for a supercharger cable would have to be so thick it would be too heavy to move.

Maybe liquid cooled? (but then you need a coolant coupling, lots of headaches.)

Maybe the extension has a chip in it, and when connected the current is limited to ~100A like CHAdeMO/CCS? - still twice as fast as an HPWC, but a manageable wire size.

At this point I don't think the situation is common enough to justify building a solution, but there are options... :)

• Disagree
Reactions: kort677
That is rather infuriating. You know that if a Tesla or other EV parked in a gas station filling spot (in front of the pump) people would lose their minds (especially in NJ).

I would probably have let my anger get the best of me and double parked in front of two of the cars, though I'm sure Mall security would have no issue calling the police and having me towed. :(

I wonder if Tesla would help or co-sponsor support in getting local ordinances passed to enable ticketing and towing for these types of situations.