Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Car Assigned to my Tesla Account??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model 3 on Monday at 1:30pm. Delivery was great and the car was in good shape. I opened the Tesla app with my delivery advisor and for the first time in 2+ years there was a car there. He showed me how I could monitor charging, lock doors, flash lights, etc. All was great.

At 11:55pm that night, I opened the Tesla app to check the status of charging in my garage. It said that I had no products associated with my account. I logged in and out and continued to receive the same message. I called Tesla support and the rep asked if I had just taken delivery. I said yes. She said that it should show up again in 48-72 hours once some final "stuff" is complete from the purchase. Not sure what that meant and I had never heard of that before. I had my Tesla credit card keys so I said OK, but decided to call my delivery advisor at the SC in the morning.

Next day, 8am. My delivery advisor said that everything looked ok on his end (My initial thought was that there was a hiccup with my financing) but that he would call the service department to dig further. I get a call at 4:30pm from service asking me to bring my car back and they would have a loaner for me. I told them it was late and if I could bring it back tomorrow or later in the week. He said that they would really like to have it back because they need to replace a connector to the battery that has to do with supercharging (??). It is located under the rear seats. He said it wasn't a recall and was limited to a certain VIN range. He said they got notification of this just after I had already taken delivery.

My question is, why did my car drop out of my account? Were they not supposed to deliver the car without this fix? How serious was the issue that I needed to bring it back right away? Why didn't they just contact me to bring the car in ASAP? What if I hadn't called my delivery advisor to dig deeper?

I had my car for less than 24 hours (it's awesome BTW) and now it's back at Tesla. They said I should have it back today. I decided to take advantage of it being in the shop and had them look at the only 3 small issues I found. 1. The rear driver's side passenger door had a little bigger gap than the rest of the car. It was nothing big and I would not have brought it in just for that. 2.The steering wheel was about 1-2 degrees right of center. It was very slight (I'm very sensitive to this) but since they have the car I asked them to look at it. I didn't want the 20" tires wearing unevenly. 3. The charge port door stuck out ever so slightly.

I'll follow up with the results...hopefully tonight.

As far as the car dropping off the app, it's pretty common - if you search the threads you will see multiple references to this. It typically shows up again in 48-72 hours (sometimes less).

I have seen a few reports of people having issues with supercharging - not sure if it is the same issue as yours. If the issue is what they said - it is only an issue when you supercharge but normal charging is fine (problem is that there is a good chance you will discover when you are far away from home). I did test mine at a nearby supercharger just to make sure I wouldn't have that issue when I am 200 miles from home on my first road trip.

Most of the brains for the car is under the rear seat so that part is normal (it is also why you should remove any child/booster seat before bringing the car to the SC). Strange they didn't contact you - if it was a range of cars, they may have had you on the list to contact but you called them first.

As far as the car dropping off the app, it's pretty common - if you search the threads you will see multiple references to this. It typically shows up again in 48-72 hours (sometimes less).

I have seen a few reports of people having issues with supercharging - not sure if it is the same issue as yours. If the issue is what they said - it is only an issue when you supercharge but normal charging is fine (problem is that there is a good chance you will discover when you are far away from home). I did test mine at a nearby supercharger just to make sure I wouldn't have that issue when I am 200 miles from home on my first road trip.

Most of the brains for the car is under the rear seat so that part is normal (it is also why you should remove any child/booster seat before bringing the car to the SC). Strange they didn't contact you - if it was a range of cars, they may have had you on the list to contact but you called them first.
Thanks for the response. I did supercharge and everything seemed fine. I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. Maybe everything was just coincidental.

I took delivery of my Model 3 on Monday at 1:30pm. Delivery was great and the car was in good shape. I opened the Tesla app with my delivery advisor and for the first time in 2+ years there was a car there. He showed me how I could monitor charging, lock doors, flash lights, etc. All was great.

At 11:55pm that night, I opened the Tesla app to check the status of charging in my garage. It said that I had no products associated with my account. I logged in and out and continued to receive the same message. I called Tesla support and the rep asked if I had just taken delivery. I said yes. She said that it should show up again in 48-72 hours once some final "stuff" is complete from the purchase. Not sure what that meant and I had never heard of that before. I had my Tesla credit card keys so I said OK, but decided to call my delivery advisor at the SC in the morning.

Next day, 8am. My delivery advisor said that everything looked ok on his end (My initial thought was that there was a hiccup with my financing) but that he would call the service department to dig further. I get a call at 4:30pm from service asking me to bring my car back and they would have a loaner for me. I told them it was late and if I could bring it back tomorrow or later in the week. He said that they would really like to have it back because they need to replace a connector to the battery that has to do with supercharging (??). It is located under the rear seats. He said it wasn't a recall and was limited to a certain VIN range. He said they got notification of this just after I had already taken delivery.

My question is, why did my car drop out of my account? Were they not supposed to deliver the car without this fix? How serious was the issue that I needed to bring it back right away? Why didn't they just contact me to bring the car in ASAP? What if I hadn't called my delivery advisor to dig deeper?

I had my car for less than 24 hours (it's awesome BTW) and now it's back at Tesla. They said I should have it back today. I decided to take advantage of it being in the shop and had them look at the only 3 small issues I found. 1. The rear driver's side passenger door had a little bigger gap than the rest of the car. It was nothing big and I would not have brought it in just for that. 2.The steering wheel was about 1-2 degrees right of center. It was very slight (I'm very sensitive to this) but since they have the car I asked them to look at it. I didn't want the 20" tires wearing unevenly. 3. The charge port door stuck out ever so slightly.

I'll follow up with the results...hopefully tonight.
Hey, I was near your work today and hoped to see your car - I guess this explains it. sorry you are having minor issues