Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Messed up delivery by Tesla - AGAIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After messing up my Tesla Solar delivery and installation in 2022 and delaying it for almost 6 months, Tesla is yet again doing it for me.

Tomorrow morning is the delivery, my CU did wire transfer this morning and gave me a tracking number, I sent the tracking number to Tesla immediately. At 4:15 PM local advisor calls to confirm tomorrow's appointment, I asked if the payment confirmation is good and he said the tracking number is not sufficient and need something called 'wire transfer receipt' and my bank at 4:30 says there is nothing like that and they can check the status of the funds through the tracking number. Tesla customer support confirms that wire transfer tracking number is sufficient and they have done it for many with just the number but the advisor texts me that they will not accept it and might have to reschedule. Second customer support guys again confirms what they said initially and said he sent a note to advisor and again advisor texts the same thing that they won't accept the tracking number. I don't think anyone here can do anything but just venting the frustration when they can't get their act together with my orders second time also.....

Reactions: SagarPatel
Everyone blames Tesla but jeez why is the US ACH and Wire money transfer system so bad. Its 2023, most of our money is just a number on a digital ledger, transfers should be instantaneous.

Even the laggard EU has instant SEPA transfers.

Hard to blame Tesla here. They need to confirm reciept of funds before starting the job.
OP and others should not wait till the last minute to fund their installation.

If Tesla used to accept tracking numbers, but now no longer does so, that is probably because they had problems with another customer doing that.
Perhaps someone stopped payment before.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Hard to blame Tesla here. They need to confirm reciept of funds before starting the job.
OP and others should not wait till the last minute to fund their installation.

If Tesla used to accept tracking numbers, but now no longer does so, that is probably because they had problems with another customer doing that.
Perhaps someone stopped payment before.
I don’t know if you ever used wire transfers, they are instant and very hard to stop them. Very common and fast way of transfers used in home purchases. Even if what you say is true remotely, two Tesla customer support executives confirmed on phone that they accept wire transfer tracking and one of them even did it two days ago with another customer and documented it on my account. So, who should I believe?

And my actual delivery is not smooth as well with half charged vehicle, incorrect tax calculations and refusal to fix it. If someone is a fan of Tesla, doesn’t mean they can’t criticize the actual issues and just blindly support everything they do. When I spend my hard earned money to buy a product and service, I expect professionalism and streamlined service.

Last edited:
I don’t know if you ever used wire transfers, they are instant and very hard to stop them. Very common and fast way of transfers used in home purchases. Even if what you say is true remotely, two Tesla customer support executives confirmed on phone that they accept wire transfer tracking and one of them even did it two days ago with another customer and documented it on my account. So, who should I believe?

Wires are not in fact instant. They are instructions that gets batched up by the involved institutions for group/bulk settlement. Fast, but not instant.

Reactions: sgMT and Krugerrand
I had a delivery for My Model Y on March 15, 2024 at 5:00 PM, by Carrier Direct and no delivery of the vehicle. Delivery Schedule has not changed on the Tesla app. Also no Communication from the Carrier.

Sorry to hear that. It really puts a damper on what should be an exciting experience.

My guess is that something caused the carrier to be delayed and they're just not good at communicating. You'll probably get a call late tonight or sometime tomorrow by a burly trucker letting you know when he'll be there.

I once had a piano delivered from several states away. They showed up at 11pm and drove their 26ft box truck onto my neighbor's lawn with the headlights shining into the neighbor's window... all while one of them directed the driver by yelling at the top of his lungs so he could be heard over the diesel engine.

That truck left giant and deep tire tracks all over the neighbor's nicely maintained lawn. 😕 She was really upset about it.

I hope your delivery works out better than that and the car exceeds your expectations!

Sorry to hear that. It really puts a damper on what should be an exciting experience.

My guess is that something caused the carrier to be delayed and they're just not good at communicating. You'll probably get a call late tonight or sometime tomorrow by a burly trucker letting you know when he'll be there.

I once had a piano delivered from several states away. They showed up at 11pm and drove their 26ft box truck onto my neighbor's lawn with the headlights shining into the neighbor's window... all while one of them directed the driver by yelling at the top of his lungs so he could be heard over the diesel engine.

That truck left giant and deep tire tracks all over the neighbor's nicely maintained lawn. 😕 She was really upset about it.

I hope your delivery works out better than that and the car exceeds your expectations!
Update,
I finally got a text from Tesla…they put in the wrong date on the app. the date was when the vehicle arrived at the Service center. The Service Center is scheduling with the Carrier to deliver my Model Y.

Reactions: father_of_6