Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Delivery Date to constantly changing Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did it turn out?

(Obviously I doubt they aren’t checking in here anymore now that they have their car… wish I knew when it came.)

My changes are ridiculous- started 2-11 weeks, then changed to mid to late June, then mid July to early August, and now it’s 9-11 weeks… ie mid August. argh.
Check out my last post on the matter. I think I got it a few days later. Already have nearly 5K miles on it. :D

Check out my last post on the matter. I think I got it a few days later. Already have nearly 5K miles on it. :D
Nice! Great graph idea.

Man am I impatient!

How did it turn out?

(Obviously I doubt they aren’t checking in here anymore now that they have their car… wish I knew when it came.)

My changes are ridiculous- started 2-11 weeks, then changed to mid to late June, then mid July to early August, and now it’s 9-11 weeks… ie mid August. argh.
we ordered May 1st. First update was 6-9 weeks. Then at week 4 it updated to 3-13 weeks. Then today it briefly said July 15-Aug 13 and when I checked it later in the day it said September.

How did it turn out?

Curious when you ordered ? Mine like a lot of other people changed to September yesterday

Why would any company want to do this to their customers? Either they got the worst operations team that they can't forecast the production. Unlike other companies, their demand is predictable and mostly they are pre-ordered orders. They know their manufacturing capacity and they know the demand. If they can't forecast the accurate delivery date, shame to the entire Tesla operations team. I can understand if the date changes once or twice, it changes every day without any good reason. Very disappointed with the company. If they have true competition, they will probably be hurting big time. It is just a matter of time other big-name companies will catch up.

Reactions: flyr4u
Why would any company want to do this to their customers? Either they got the worst operations team that they can't forecast the production. Unlike other companies, their demand is predictable and mostly they are pre-ordered orders. They know their manufacturing capacity and they know the demand. If they can't forecast the accurate delivery date, shame to the entire Tesla operations team. I can understand if the date changes once or twice, it changes every day without any good reason. Very disappointed with the company. If they have true competition, they will probably be hurting big time. It is just a matter of time other big-name companies will catch up.
So agree with this. Not if....but when!