Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Delivery Date to constantly changing Dates

Kennethj88

Mar 12, 2021
Salt Lake CIty, UT
Wondering if anyone experience their delivery dates bouncing around and if I should expect another delay.

- March 8th ordered a 7-Seater (Just before the delivery date estimate was updated)
- April 7th Finally get a delivery estimate window 4/16-5/6
- APril 9th - Window 4/17 - 5/7
- April 10th - Window 4/12 - 4/26 (Here I'm thinking it couldn't possibly be Monday)
- April 11th - WIndow 4/14 - 4/26 (definitely not Monday)
- April 12th - Window 4/15 - 4/26 (At least the end date hasn't moved, yet...)
- Still no VIN

srjinatl

Jul 20, 2018
Marietta GA
Yeah - I think a lot of us (perhaps all) are going through this - dates moving around. I would not sweat it - just keep an eye out for a Vin assignment - you may get an email / text about it before you notice it in your web account. Until that happens I would not drive yourself crazy about these date shifts :)

schnabel45

Apr 4, 2021
Riverview, FL
In case you're interested, I've been posting this chart in a few other threads on this topic.
TSLAMY_DelivEst_4_13_21_8_00_AM.png

Surfit34

2021 MYP, Black on White, Tow Hitch, ordered 3/31
Apr 22, 2021
Puyallup, WA
Everyone is, there's many threads on it. I ordered 3/31 and my dates have changed almost everyday since and now I'm at the end of next month.

schnabel45

Apr 4, 2021
Riverview, FL
Can you please share the Excel file? Would love a copy of this for my own tracking :) Thank you!
Oh I'm sorry I can't share the file I'm using since it has multiple sensitive tabs (like down payment and financing planning). I will say though, it's a very simple chart to make yourself. Just have a column that's the day number, then a column that's the starting day number and one that's ending day number for your delivery estimate. Here's the formula to convert from a date to the day number in cell A2.
=IF(NOT(ISBLANK(A2)),A2-DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,0),””)
Once you have that, create a chart using your three columns and you're most of the way there. For the current day line I have an additional column which is a repeat of the first column (there's probably a better way to do this). For the green and blue line I just have a small table off to the side. For reference, here's a screenshot of my sheet with an up-to-date graph.
tracking sheet.png

alphadog1

Apr 19, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
Oh I'm sorry I can't share the file I'm using since it has multiple sensitive tabs (like down payment and financing planning). I will say though, it's a very simple chart to make yourself. Just have a column that's the day number, then a column that's the starting day number and one that's ending day number for your delivery estimate. Here's the formula to convert from a date to the day number in cell A2.

Once you have that, create a chart using your three columns and you're most of the way there. For the current day line I have an additional column which is a repeat of the first column (there's probably a better way to do this). For the green and blue line I just have a small table off to the side. For reference, here's a screenshot of my sheet with an up-to-date graph.View attachment 657194
Thank you so much! This was very helpful in recreating it :) Appreciate it!!!

Reactions: schnabel45

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC