Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Delivery Date to constantly changing Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone experience their delivery dates bouncing around and if I should expect another delay.

- March 8th ordered a 7-Seater (Just before the delivery date estimate was updated)
- April 7th Finally get a delivery estimate window 4/16-5/6
- APril 9th - Window 4/17 - 5/7
- April 10th - Window 4/12 - 4/26 (Here I'm thinking it couldn't possibly be Monday)
- April 11th - WIndow 4/14 - 4/26 (definitely not Monday)
- April 12th - Window 4/15 - 4/26 (At least the end date hasn't moved, yet...)
- Still no VIN

Reactions: Lilygolfer
In case you're interested, I've been posting this chart in a few other threads on this topic.
TSLAMY_DelivEst_4_13_21_8_00_AM.png

Can you please share the Excel file? Would love a copy of this for my own tracking :) Thank you!
Oh I'm sorry I can't share the file I'm using since it has multiple sensitive tabs (like down payment and financing planning). I will say though, it's a very simple chart to make yourself. Just have a column that's the day number, then a column that's the starting day number and one that's ending day number for your delivery estimate. Here's the formula to convert from a date to the day number in cell A2.
=IF(NOT(ISBLANK(A2)),A2-DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,0),””)
Once you have that, create a chart using your three columns and you're most of the way there. For the current day line I have an additional column which is a repeat of the first column (there's probably a better way to do this). For the green and blue line I just have a small table off to the side. For reference, here's a screenshot of my sheet with an up-to-date graph.
tracking sheet.png

Oh I'm sorry I can't share the file I'm using since it has multiple sensitive tabs (like down payment and financing planning). I will say though, it's a very simple chart to make yourself. Just have a column that's the day number, then a column that's the starting day number and one that's ending day number for your delivery estimate. Here's the formula to convert from a date to the day number in cell A2.

Once you have that, create a chart using your three columns and you're most of the way there. For the current day line I have an additional column which is a repeat of the first column (there's probably a better way to do this). For the green and blue line I just have a small table off to the side. For reference, here's a screenshot of my sheet with an up-to-date graph.View attachment 657194
Thank you so much! This was very helpful in recreating it :) Appreciate it!!!

Reactions: schnabel45
Wondering if anyone experience their delivery dates bouncing around and if I should expect another delay.

- March 8th ordered a 7-Seater (Just before the delivery date estimate was updated)
- April 10th - Window 4/12 - 4/26 (Here I'm thinking it couldn't possibly be Monday)
- Still no VIN

- Still no VI

Looks like we ordered around the same time . I ordered my model 3 performance on March 9 and at the time the website said 8-10 weeks. So then a couple of days after I ordered the car it told me an estimated delivery date of May-22-June1 and then a couple of days later it went from the 22 o the 23rd- June 01, then May 26th-jun11, then the next day reading June 01-15, and then this morning it went from June 9th to June 29th. This is very frustration. I haven't even received my Vin and I ordered it March 9th.

This just in...

"The issue is small enough that it can be fixed by the service team, according to sources, but the problem is the volume and delayed deliveries.

Sources familiar with the matter say that between 10,000 and 20,000 vehicles are affected by the containment hold.

The number could go up, as there were no known fixes nor a timeline for a fix as of yesterday.

Tesla is still moving the vehicles to delivery centers since the fix doesn’t have to be performed at the factory, and the automaker cannot keep that many vehicles at the plant."

I got a notice on my account that the new Model Y's will be doing away with the front radar and there will be several updates over the next several months as they switch to cameras. I ordered mine on 4/11 - red/white, +tow, +20"wheels, 5-seat... just got VIN tonight with estimated delivery May28-31st. I did not receive any texts, emails, or phone calls... just diligently checking my account daily, lol. They're coming!!

In case you're interested, I've been posting this chart in a few other threads on this topic.View attachment 653492
How did it turn out?

(Obviously I doubt they aren’t checking in here anymore now that they have their car… wish I knew when it came.)

My changes are ridiculous- started 2-11 weeks, then changed to mid to late June, then mid July to early August, and now it’s 9-11 weeks… ie mid August. argh.