Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Model 3 Highland tow hitch for U.S.?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first post, so apologies if this has been discussed. I'm interested in the New M3 and have noticed that a factory tow hitch is available in other markets but not the US. Is there a reason for this? Can we expect the tow hitch to become available here sometime soon?

Solution
There is no factory tow hitch for any other model 3 here in the US, so I would expect that to remain the case for the new model (no factory tow hitch).

I have no idea why, but dont expect a factory tow option on a model 3 in the US. Tesla US would tell you "buy a model Y and add the factory tow option".
There is no factory tow hitch for any other model 3 here in the US, so I would expect that to remain the case for the new model (no factory tow hitch).

I have no idea why, but dont expect a factory tow option on a model 3 in the US. Tesla US would tell you "buy a model Y and add the factory tow option".

Upvote 0
Solution
I am sure you can get an aftermarket one, for 1/3 of the price OEM hitch.

Upvote 0
Anyone failure with towing rules in the US?

Is there any ordinance, rule or law prohibiting Adding a hitch to any US vehicle on the state or federal level?

Other than reasonable practicality or self preservation, what if anything dictates when a vehicle can tow or how much it can tow in the US?

Upvote 0