Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No More Puny Sound!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally updated the basic factory stereo in my 2015 Model S!
John, at Calibred Customs, suggested 4 Focal 165 AC speakers—w/ front speakers including new tweeters. Because they were 4 ohm speakers replacing 2 ohm speakers—he suggested a
JX400/4D four channel amplifier to give them decent power.
John custom built some speaker mounts to match the ones on the stock speakers.
( a real work of art!).
Amp was installed out of sight in the lower trunk. John amazingly dismantled half my Tesla during installation and flawlessly re-assembled it after concealing quite a bundle of wires. After fine tuning the amp for my music and car, I no longer had a puny sound!
It now sounds better than any factory installed high-end system by far!!
I highly recommend Calibred Customs and their custom installer, John Nelson. This is definitely the solution I was looking for!

do you experience rattling at all? the issue I had with aftermarket sound was that it introduced alot of new rattling with strong bass. This was on my old 2015. Now that I got premium sound with my 2018, i can make the bass very strong and theres still no rattle.

No, no rattling! New custom mount was made from hard wood cutouts glued securely together. Johnny from Calibred Customs is a perfectionist. Everything tight, wires secure and invisible. You could still have your 2015 if they had done it!

0CA1D8E1-D6F1-47F5-B876-593586EEC3DB.png The beauty is its invisibility!
Looks like nothing was changed.
0CA1D8E1-D6F1-47F5-B876-593586EEC3DB.png