Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No-rinse wash in cold climates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m planning to put some kind of PPF on my X shortly after picking it up later this month in Denmark, and if I’m going to do that, I shouldn’t ruin the job by putting my Tessie through a high pressure wash. I’ve read a lot about products like Optimum No-Rinse, and that seems clear enough. My question is how you deal with salt corrosion in colder climates. Every car I’ve had in the last 25 years, I’ve made a point of regular washes of the undercarriage during winter in order to remove the salt that builds up from the roads. But driving into a washing bay is no longer on the table...

What do you guys / gals do?

I had my car wrapped with PPF and then I use ONR on a regular basis.

I am not sure if you are referring to an automatic car wash or just using a hand held pressure washer. You can use a pressure washer, but make sure you do not get the nozzle closer than a couple feet.

Reactions: Corbets
I had my car wrapped with PPF and then I use ONR on a regular basis.

I am not sure if you are referring to an automatic car wash or just using a hand held pressure washer. You can use a pressure washer, but make sure you do not get the nozzle closer than a couple feet.
Unfortunately, a hand held pressure washer is difficult to target at the undercarriage from a distance. ;/