Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Theater in my (newly purchased) Used Tesla S P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried out an M3 in July last year and LOVED IT. I was renting through one of those EV rental programs. I drove that for about 6 months or so until they jacked the rate up beyond what I was willing to spend. So I'm VERY familiar with the Tesla ecosphere and how to use the car.

A few days ago, I found a used 2014 MS P85+ with 89,000 miles for a steal at a car lot. After checking it out, I decided to pull the trigger and get it.

I'm loving the car, it's in great shape, the battery's still charging well, and has a 240-mile-ish range at 100% (tested a full charge for that number). So this is a great buy for me, even if it is still MCU1.

One thing I'm having issues with is that there is NO theater. Not that Netflix or Youtube isn't working, but that there's no option to even get there. I know how to get there, I'm saying it's NOT an option. I've rebooted the car, changed the language to Spanish and back to English, and it's still not there.

It's also updated to as far as it will go (I think it's v11, could be 10, 8.2???? something). It's not showing a new update after the ONE I got when I got the car home.

One thing that MIGHT be the cause, is that I'm still waiting on Tesla to transfer ownership, could that be the cause? I sent the pic of the bill of sale, registration app, and my license via the app already and am just waiting.

If it's not a transfer of ownership, why am I missing Theater?

It is possible that the missing Theater option on the used 2014 Model S could be due to the ownership transfer process still being in progress. However, it could also be an issue with the car's software or hardware. The owner has already tried rebooting the car and updating the software to the latest version, but the option is still missing. It might be a good idea to contact Tesla customer service for further assistance in resolving the issue.

Upvote 0
It is possible that the missing Theater option on the used 2014 Model S could be due to the ownership transfer process still being in progress. However, it could also be an issue with the car's software or hardware. The owner has already tried rebooting the car and updating the software to the latest version, but the option is still missing. It might be a good idea to contact Tesla customer service for further assistance in resolving the issue.
No, it’s none of these things.

Theater and other multimedia features are only available for MCU2. OP needs an upgrade.

Upvote 0
Tried out an M3 in July last year and LOVED IT. I was renting through one of those EV rental programs. I drove that for about 6 months or so until they jacked the rate up beyond what I was willing to spend. So I'm VERY familiar with the Tesla ecosphere and how to use the car.

A few days ago, I found a used 2014 MS P85+ with 89,000 miles for a steal at a car lot. After checking it out, I decided to pull the trigger and get it.

I'm loving the car, it's in great shape, the battery's still charging well, and has a 240-mile-ish range at 100% (tested a full charge for that number). So this is a great buy for me, even if it is still MCU1.

One thing I'm having issues with is that there is NO theater. Not that Netflix or Youtube isn't working, but that there's no option to even get there. I know how to get there, I'm saying it's NOT an option. I've rebooted the car, changed the language to Spanish and back to English, and it's still not there.

It's also updated to as far as it will go (I think it's v11, could be 10, 8.2???? something). It's not showing a new update after the ONE I got when I got the car home.

One thing that MIGHT be the cause, is that I'm still waiting on Tesla to transfer ownership, could that be the cause? I sent the pic of the bill of sale, registration app, and my license via the app already and am just waiting.

If it's not a transfer of ownership, why am I missing Theater?
Same issue with my 2014 P85, but once I purchased the mcu2 for 1500. I got everything, theatre, Netflix, YouTube, toy box, sonic, etc.

Upvote 0