Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise after Tesla turns off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my car a few days ago so I could just be worrying about nothing.

Today when getting out of the car and having it turn off, I noticed a loud humming coming from under the car, it sounded like a motor or something. The humming faded slowly over about 2 minutes until you couldn't hear it anymore.

This wasn't the charging or anything like that, it started before I plugged the car in.

Should I worry about something like that? Temperature is 25F outside if that makes a difference.

It is most likely the compressor managing the temperature of the battery pack. It is in the front on the right side. Sometimes, if you are in the car and it is not moving, but you are using power, stereo, internet, etc. there will be water underneath from the condensation. All normal.

Totally normal. The car makes all sorts of weird noises all the time. I will often walk out into my garage after not even driving the car and there she is, humming, buzzing and clicking away. Part of the auto self-diagnostics. The car is always monitoring itself.