Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise during low speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hearing a "wheezing/grinding" noise sort of like a wind-up toy sound when driving at low speeds (above 25 mph) and sometimes while backing out of my garage. I had my brother check it out from the outside and he said he heard it as well. I am going to take it into the service center tomorrow to get it checked out. Any thoughts on what it is?

Reactions: hcdavis3
Is it at the 6 or 7 second mark? I could just barely start to hear it the 3rd time I watched it. That's an odd one... make sure you have them listen to this video. At first I thought you had music in the background, this almost sounds like wind noise but then at the end you hear the electric whine of the motor(s) which is completely normal btw. the build up at the 6 or 7 second mark is odd.

Reactions: Phyzi Driver
Is it at the 6 or 7 second mark? I could just barely start to hear it the 3rd time I watched it. That's an odd one... make sure you have them listen to this video. At first I thought you had music in the background, this almost sounds like wind noise but then at the end you hear the electric whine of the motor(s) which is completely normal btw. the build up at the 6 or 7 second mark is odd.
Thanks, I plan on bringing it into the service center tomorrow to make sure it's safe. The video doesn't really capture the sound clearly tbh (plus my sniffling doesn't help).