Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noob question on Chargepoint chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened to me at a chargepoint station I use regularly. Spent 30 minutes trying to get it past 'charging stopped' and gave up. Later that evening CP debited my credit card as it does from time to time to add credit to my CP account. When i was trying to charge i had -$4 in my CP account. The app didn't warn me any anyway that i needed more credit, it just didn't work. So check your account balance and don't assume CP has taken enough for the charge.

• Informative
Reactions: davewill
This happened to me at a chargepoint station I use regularly. Spent 30 minutes trying to get it past 'charging stopped' and gave up. Later that evening CP debited my credit card as it does from time to time to add credit to my CP account. When i was trying to charge i had -$4 in my CP account. The app didn't warn me any anyway that i needed more credit, it just didn't work. So check your account balance and don't assume CP has taken enough for the charge.
Think they were having problems with free ones that still require a card or an account to use.

Way back it was mentioned that ChargePoint locations are not all maintained by them and prices are not set by them. Service not in the contract, umm problems don't get fixed very fast.