Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chargepoint NACS Cable for HomeFlex now available for order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Joey D

Apr 28, 2023
NJ
For those (like me) who have a Chargepoint Home Flex EVSE at home for Level 2 charging, you can now order a NACS cable:

No more J1772 adapters for me! It is technically now on pre-order, supposed to ship 11/15/23. $199 USD.

I do not know if the "button" will be active and will open the charge-port door when pressed, but I will report on that once I receive mine and install.

Reactions: Spaghett
Pictures on that page aren't loading for me, I bet their CDN is still rolling out new assets or something like that.

But the Home Flex page (Meet Home Flex, the Level 2 Home EV Charger | ChargePoint) gives an idea of the look of the ChargePoint NACS handle:
1697582154637.png

Looks nice!

I feel your frustration Joey. I don’t know if you or anyone else on this thread tried contacting ChargePoint directly regarding the functionality of that button; I did and that saying “going down a rabbit hole“ describes my experienc speaking with their customer support . It was excruciating enough to stop my preordering their replacement NACS cable.

Reactions: Joey D
Well, Christmas is coming early this year...it's been shipped and I should receive the new NACS cable on Monday the 11th. I'll certainly post back once I have it installed. Biggest question I have is whether or not the Tesla charge point door will automatically open when pressing the button on the connector.

@Wayne360...Lol...I assume that's what would happen if I tried asking about the functionality...that the support/service reps would have no idea. Only one way to find out, unfortunately.

Reactions: Spaghett
Wow....so Christmas REALLY came early and the package was delivered today. Took all of 5 minutes to swap out the cables (no tools required.) Even better, the button on the handle does in fact open the charge port door!

Because the NACS connector has no moving parts, the connector is holstered simply by pushing it in, and then pulling it out. I'm extremely happy with the quality and implementation of this "conversion."

Is it worth the $200 to swap out the cable? Only you can decide if no longer needing an adapter makes it worth it. I am simply storing the original cable as a spare.

1702143185272.jpeg
1702143213015.jpeg

I have the older model ChargePoint Home 32amp EVSE, which I use with the Tesla J1772 adapter. Do you suppose that this kit would work with mine. Looks like it should. M
I also have the same older 32 amp Home charger. I just called their support line to ask if this NACS conversion cable would work. The customer service rep said that he thinks it should work but he wasn’t 100% sure. He said I could buy it and try it and return it if I didn’t.

Kind of would like confirmation that it will work before I go through the trouble.

UPDATE:
So it looks like it is not compatible with the older 32 amp unit. I just opened mine up and it looks like it doesn’t have the 4pin clip in connector that is on the end of the NACS kit cable. From my picture you can see that there is just one blue wire on the right rather than the 4 pin connector. Bummer.

IMG_7061.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney