Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal: Powerwalls In Storm Watch Mode For Several Days Now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
I’m in Davis and my Powerwalls have been in Storm Watch mode for the last several days. I assume it’s related to the wild fire risk and PG&E public safety power shutoff program, but hasn’t the risk mostly passed? Haven’t heard much talk about it in the news.

I’m in Davis and my Powerwalls have been in Storm Watch mode for the last several days. I assume it’s related to the wild fire risk and PG&E public safety power shutoff program, but hasn’t the risk mostly passed? Haven’t heard much talk about it in the news.
Isn’t SW based on weather warnings? If you’re still having whatever (weather) fire warning it responds to, it will still be in effect. I agree this isn’t the design of SW where a weather event is usually a day or so in the making and then back to normal (for battery charge levels).

Isn’t SW based on weather warnings? If you’re still having whatever (weather) fire warning it responds to, it will still be in effect. I agree this isn’t the design of SW where a weather event is usually a day or so in the making and then back to normal (for battery charge levels).

Regardless, the storm watched ended yesterday.

Correct. It just seems to not have followed the actual fire warnings put out by PG&E and the utilities commission (i.e. the storm watch kicked in days after the "threat" began and ended days after the "threat" ended).