Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nosecone with Autopilot to Facelift, PDC compatibility?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the middle of this conversion and noticed that the Nosecone PDC sensors (two black ones) do not fit in the center mount points on the facelift bumper cover (OEM Tesla). They do however fit on the sides!

Now this obviously would cause the PDC/Autopilot system to throw a fit, relocating the sensors and all.

Is it easy to recalibrate? or am I better off removing the PDC mounting brackets and swapping them? Other options? How did you guys resolve this?

Have you seen this discussion?
Yes, I used the search function first. That thread does not go into specifics on the sensors themselves but rather focused on the wiring harness and radar mount. I will be posting in that thread with questions on the radar mount and grill. There's three main threads related to this conversion and I'm surprised no one has neatly combined all the information into a sticky - there may have been one attempt but it's still missing information.

I've come to the conclusion that all six sensors use the same type of plug and the sensors can be relocated without issue - it's the module that the wiring harness connects to that determines location. Didn't think that through when I posted this thread.

Anyway, the black sensors are being repainted at the paint shop and if this doesn't work out, I'll be back here to post about it ;)