Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notable things to look out for when taking delivery MY RWD LR Freemont.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!
First-time Tesla delivery taker here. I'm excited to join the Tesla family soon, but I have a few questions before I accept the delivery. I've read some things online that could be concerning. Does anyone have any tips on what to look out for when I pick up my Tesla?
I know to check for the basics like panel gaps, camera lenses, and the housings for the tail and headlights. However, is there anything specific to look for in the Fremont RWD LR models? Also, I'm assuming all new Model Ys come with HW4 and Matrix headlights now, correct?
Any information or extra tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

4o

There’s already lots of threads on what to look for on delivery, or which checklist to use, etc.. If you use the search function you’ll find it.
Look for anything noticeable that looks out of place, missing wheels, no roof, Elon’s $56 billion dollars in the trunk. If nothing stands out then don’t worry about it. Look it over the same as you would any other car you’ve purchased in the past. It’s a car, if you don’t notice it without someone telling you to look for it in a checklist or with a magnifying glass, it’s not worth worrying about.

Yes HW4, that has been a thing for a long time only a few have HW3 and those were early models from Freemont or Austin.

Another thing, look for overspray in the paint. It used to be a bad thing years ago...and it's BACK!!!! My Black has white overspray in the clear coat my detailer said..NOPE...not going to keep trying to get this out...bring a micro fiber and pull it in direct sunlight and run you fingers over the paint to feel for debris. Thought they had this under control but they don't.

Otherwise, there are dozens of threads and a few free download checklist you can use.

Lastly, if you check it out after you leave and catch something, just make an appointment immediately with a day or two through the App listing all the issues and get an appointment. That's assuming you take delivery and get out of the parking lot...haha