Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now is likely the time to sell your trade if you haven't already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DayTrippin

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2021
TX
Looks like peak oil was probably in April so to speak for used car prices. Looks like there still might be some runway left to get a good valuation on your car. If I was looking at Aug or Sep delivery, I think I might roll the dice and sell my trade now rather than risk a massive devaluation later when the car arrives. Could be a pretty short window left.

Some issue with the Bloomberg link below. If it doesn't work, just google:

Used-Car Prices Are Poised to Peak in U.S. After Pandemic Surge​

Last edited:
Contemplating this, too. Just put in an order for a Model Y with a late-September, early-October EDD and want to trade-in my Model 3 cause trade-in values are so high. But not sure if they'll last another two-plus months.

Got a trade-in value and a buying estimate for pretty much what I paid for my car nine months ago.

I sold my Model 3 this month due to these trends. I used kbb.com for an estimate on how much to sell/trade and priced it on the higher end of the 3rd party sales category. Had several lowball offers come in from autotrader, craigslist and facebook marketplace. At the end of the day I sold on facebook marketplace to an out-of-state private part for full asking price. Here we are now 2-weeks after selling the Model 3 and the kbb price is up $1500 above my original asking price. It's a good time to sell if you're patient. I ordered a Model Y on May 1st and had it delivered last weekend.

I sold my Model 3 this month due to these trends. I used kbb.com for an estimate on how much to sell/trade and priced it on the higher end of the 3rd party sales category. Had several lowball offers come in from autotrader, craigslist and facebook marketplace. At the end of the day I sold on facebook marketplace to an out-of-state private part for full asking price. Here we are now 2-weeks after selling the Model 3 and the kbb price is up $1500 above my original asking price. It's a good time to sell if you're patient. I ordered a Model Y on May 1st and had it delivered last weekend.
Time to update your signature; congrats!

Reactions: RatsFPV