Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nubie Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q1. Several times the cursor on the map marking the position of the vehicle disappears. It could be that I pressed something that made it go away. Other than stopping and shutting down is there anyway to get it back on the fly?

Q2. In exiting out of AutoPilot by turning the steering wheel there is a rather violent jerking motion. It exits OK by pressing the brake or lifting the shifter stalk. Is this normal?

Q3. Is there a list of Voice Commands?

Answers in line below.

Q1. Several times the cursor on the map marking the position of the vehicle disappears. It could be that I pressed something that made it go away. Other than stopping and shutting down is there anyway to get it back on the fly?

AM - yes there is a circular icon on the left of the screen with a compass needle pointing in the direction you are moving, tapping that will bring you back to the pointer marking your current position. Tapping it twice will render the map north up.

Q2. In exiting out of AutoPilot by turning the steering wheel there is a rather violent jerking motion. It exits OK by pressing the brake or lifting the shifter stalk. Is this normal?

AM - I would make a service center appointment, I get a slight nod but nothing I would describe as violent. There would be a bug in the software or hardware that you should get checked out for peace of mind.

AM - I found this on another thread on the forum

===NAVIGATE===
"Navigate to <place>"
“Where is the nearest Starbucks?”
"Drive to the Kettleman City Supercharger"
"Take me to a movie theater"
“Drive home” (if you configured a home address)
"Navigate to work" (if you configured a work address)
"Cancel Trip"

===PHONE===
“Call <name>”
"Dial <name>"

===MUSIC===
“Play <song/artist/genre>”
“Play Smooth Jazz”
"Listen to Rolling Stones"

===MISC===
“bug report”
"ho ho ho"

Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: Arpe
Answers in line below.

AM - yes there is a circular icon on the left of the screen with a compass needle pointing in the direction you are moving, tapping that will bring you back to the pointer marking your current position. Tapping it twice will render the map north up.

AM - I would make a service center appointment, I get a slight nod but nothing I would describe as violent. There would be a bug in the software or hardware that you should get checked out for peace of mind.

===NAVIGATE===
"Navigate to <place>"
"Cancel Trip"

===PHONE===
“Call <name>”
"Dial <name>"

===MUSIC===
“Play Smooth Jazz”

===MISC===
“bug report”
"ho ho ho"

Good luck.
Answers in line below.

===NAVIGATE===
"Navigate to <place>"
"Cancel Trip"

===PHONE===
“Call <name>”
"Dial <name>"

===MUSIC===
“Play Smooth Jazz”

===MISC===
“bug report”
"ho ho ho"

Good luck.
Thank you.

When I turn the steering when to exit auto-steer (which I do only when I need to override it suddenly) there is some resistance to the movement of the wheel because otherwise too gentle a pull would do it. That resistance results in a slight jerk. I think this is normal behavior. If I am planning to exit autosteer I use the lever or the brake pedal, and then I can re-engage TACC if I want to.