Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Oahu options for charging prices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 14-50 outlet on a 50 amp circuit. I charge at night after 9 p.m.. Yes to TOU.

We are pleased to see you join us. Please take a look at some of our threads. Nanimac is organizing an meet in Sep. Hope you can join us.

TOU is easy. All you need to do is fill out a simple form and send it to HECO. All it needs really is your EV VIN to qualify you.
You have two choices. You can add a separate meter for EV or use your existing. I don't recommend the expense of a second meter. You will not recover the investment.

Check our Contact and Information thread for email addresses and we can "talk" offline some more.

Yes, most (if not all) charge at home. I will be switching to TOU shortly (submitting paperwork this week). Everyone I've talked to who has done so says it reduced their bill, despite the higher cost per kWh during the day.

Thanks! Had HECO sticker shock this Month, my bill was $225. Normally, $17! I have PV, but on waiting list for additional since January or so, again thanks to HECO. Were you required to show a permit? Next door neighbor is an electrician, we put the outlet in my garage. It is to code, but never got a permit. This month definitely hurt my argument for extra price of model S. My plan, not gonna argue anymore! Car is too awesome!

On the application I checked the box indicating that I was using an existing outlet and that no electrical work or upgrade of service (increased amperage) was necessary. The came out today (9 days later) and changed my meter out in 5 minutes, no questions asked, no inspection, no nothin... :cool:

Same with me. Nothing other than filling out the application. It was approved right away. Then one day when I was not at home, they came by and swapped out a new meter. It has crayon marks on it that says "TOU" is now I knew.