Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohlins TES-MX00S1 Coilovers - 2024 MYLR Thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TLDR: Eats up bumps & dips & the car doesn't jolt you around while you go over imperfections on the road. And you get the benefit of lowering if you want to or stay stock.

I went back and forth between this and non-adj MPP Comforts. I took a gamble and I'm happy. I only lowered to the recommended settings which is 10mm F/R. Nothing major as I still want to utilize this vehicle in the winter times with chains if needed. The dampening is right in the middle set at 10. The biggest difference I can tell is how these coilovers eat up bumps and dips which even on comfort suspension, it could use some work. Driving back from the shop, I could tell that I wasn't being jolted up and down any longer while going over imperfections on the freeways and crappy roads. I could take drive ways and it was just a smooth *thud* going over instead of the up and down. The car handles turns better, but I'm not testing the limits. It still is a crossover with family duties.

We'll see how things pan out as I get more mileage on the vehicle. IMO it probably is a game changer for anyone pre-comfort suspension. It's all subjective at the end of the day to the individual who is driving :) As a passenger, I normally don't notice anything at all =P

Shoutout to @tom @ eas for the deal & installation. The team did a great job.

Original Height

original height model y.jpeg

Dropped Height

ohlins height model y.jpeg

Glad you are liking the new Ohlins R&T Street Tuned kit, appreciate the review. Don't be afraid to push it a little when you're alone in the car!
I have. Roads that I normally take my time with because they are all rutted out, I drive without a care now because the dampening is so good.

My initial thought was that if you had pre-comfort suspension it’s more worth it, but these past two days driving around town, I feel the transformation and I think it’s how the car should of came.

Ohlin’s has made me a believer coming from KW.

Reactions: tom @ eas
Strange, I thought 2023 Tesla already revised their stock suspensions to softer setting on the Y? Glad that you happy with the Ohlins Street version. I have the R&T with softer 8F/9R springs set up on my M3SR+. Love to try the Street version and see whats the improvement vs the R&T.

Strange, I thought 2023 Tesla already revised their stock suspensions to softer setting on the Y? Glad that you happy with the Ohlins Street version. I have the R&T with softer 8F/9R springs set up on my M3SR+. Love to try the Street version and see whats the improvement vs the R&T.
They did, and for the first 1700 miles I could deal with it.

For most people, the stock comfort will be just fine. I wanted to lower the car a bit and springs wouldn’t get me there. So I decided to get coilovers and I wanted to try the Ohlins (based on everyone’s rave reviews) and since I had MPP’s before on my M3.

I didn’t know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised on the first ride. Now that I have driven more in my car, I’m very happy with this street version.

Last edited: