Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer Ohlins TES MX00S1 on my 21 MYP, review lite.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would 100% recommend the street kit unless you are building a track car or want to run more than 10mm less than stock height.
Stock springs where sized wrong and had absently zero preload capacity. This gave you only shock length to adjust ride height. It was a very compromised setup with no real adjustability.
For those looking into the Ohlins kits - they are 10% off until 5/31:

Are those rear springs too soft in your opinion? Do you have any bottomed-out with this setup while carrying cargo or full passengers?
Not a lot of kits out there yet, but haven't heard any negative feedback yet. Ohlins does their homework in these areas, which is why they don't rush kits to market as quickly as other manufacturers do.

I'm on the newest Ohlin's street tune with 7k front/11k rear springs at factory MYP ride height.
Yesterday with 4 people and some luggage we just touched the rear bump stops on a bigger freeway compression.
IMO 8k rear springs are too soft, especially loaded. You would need to increase the damping quite a bit for it to work and the ride would be harsher than stiffer springs with proper matched damping settings.

7k front/10k rear is probably the perfect comfort setup without compromising sporty driving. This is at MYP stock height. At LR height 6/9k would be even plusher.

I ordered a smaller front 28mm sway bar from a base model 3. The stock 31mm adds about 3X the wheel rate with single wheel bumps and rocks the car far too much, especially at slow speeds. This will be a 40ish% reduction and provide a lot more front end grip at a small expense of turn in. The balance of the car will be shifter rearward for more neutral handling. Normally I increase the rear bar for balance, but I think a smaller front bar will pair with the stiffer springs much better.

The model 3/y need far more spring than factory for heave and pitch. The stock suspension relies on super long bump stops to add (non linear)spring rate, overwhelming the dampers.

Reactions: Sloshy2
Not a lot of kits out there yet, but haven't heard any negative feedback yet. Ohlins does their homework in these areas, which is why they don't rush kits to market as quickly as other manufacturers do.
Thank you

I'm on the newest Ohlin's street tune with 7k front/11k rear springs at factory MYP ride height.
Yesterday with 4 people and some luggage we just touched the rear bump stops on a bigger freeway compression.
IMO 8k rear springs are too soft, especially loaded. You would need to increase the damping quite a bit for it to work and the ride would be harsher than stiffer springs with proper matched damping settings.

7k front/10k rear is probably the perfect comfort setup without compromising sporty driving. This is at MYP stock height. At LR height 6/9k would be even plusher.

I ordered a smaller front 28mm sway bar from a base model 3. The stock 31mm adds about 3X the wheel rate with single wheel bumps and rocks the car far too much, especially at slow speeds. This will be a 40ish% reduction and provide a lot more front end grip at a small expense of turn in. The balance of the car will be shifter rearward for more neutral handling. Normally I increase the rear bar for balance, but I think a smaller front bar will pair with the stiffer springs much better.

The model 3/y need far more spring than factory for heave and pitch. The stock suspension relies on super long bump stops to add (non linear)spring rate, overwhelming the dampers.
I'm considering the new street tuned kit as well. Would you mind sharing ID and length or part number of Swift Springs at 10k? I wanted to run at stock LR height or 5-10mm lower maximum to avoid hitting the bump stops. I'd love your recommendation.

I'm considering the new street tuned kit as well. Would you mind sharing ID and length or part number of Swift Springs at 10k? I wanted to run at stock LR height or 5-10mm lower maximum to avoid hitting the bump stops. I'd love your recommendation.
I have spacers for the R&T kit so I used a 203mm 65mm swift spring. Stock rear spring is 178mm long.

New kit uses different adapters and springs. I think redwood has a spring that would fit or you could get a set of adapters with the swift spring.

I have spacers for the R&T kit so I used a 203mm 65mm swift spring. Stock rear spring is 178mm long.

New kit uses different adapters and springs. I think redwood has a spring that would fit or you could get a set of adapters with the swift spring.
The cost of custom springs is pretty high. I might only try the springs that come with the kit first. The new design and longer length might help (finger crossed).

I paid $170 for the set. Whatever you need should be under $300. You need at least 2-3k more rate in the rear to get a "flat" ride. Otherwise the car will have a pitch ride. Flat ride makes the whole car rise up and down in sync and pitch rocks you back and forth.
I will try the kit springs and inform the result in this post. I got your point on the flat ride matter, but I think there is no such "real" flat ride when you carrying 4-5 people with some luggage. Those springs already compressed quite a lot. My only concern is just hitting the bump stop over and over then causing damage to the suspension and stock top hats.