Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old 2016 Engineering car with new car warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
Did anyone procured engineering vehicle from Tesla? There is MS listing I received from Advisor and was told its a engineering car which was never registered but 2016 yr. Also If i take delivery will get all benefits as of new vehicle including warranty.

Reactions: rickyjb
Thanks. Appreciate if you can share more details on how can can I check if it was ever registered. I am told that it was never by Tesla advisor.
On the warranty it's 4 yrs/50k and 8yrs/120K miles battery.
The car has 29K already and dont think they will replace replace oil/fluid.
Also they will not be resetting the miles to zero.
I am offered 60k for this and it has AP1 HW/ MCU 1 and not sure if it can be upgraded to FSD
MCU1 can be upgraded to MCU2 but you can't upgrade AP1 to AP3 (FSD).

Upvote 0
Thanks. Appreciate if you can share more details on how can can I check if it was ever registered. I am told that it was never by Tesla advisor.
On the warranty it's 4 yrs/50k and 8yrs/120K miles battery.
The car has 29K already and dont think they will replace replace oil/fluid.
Also they will not be resetting the miles to zero.
I am offered 60k for this and it has AP1 HW/ MCU 1 and not sure if it can be upgraded to FSD
If it has AP1 hardware, then it cannot be upgraded to FSD. Since it has MCU1, I would ask if the recall has been performed already, and if not, request that they do that prior to delivery. I know some manufacturers will not deliver a vehicle with an open recall on it, but not sure what Tesla's stance is on this.
As for checking the VIN, there are a variety of sites you can find by googling that claim to do VIN look-ups and show you information like ownership changes, etc. You might try one of those. Another approach would be to contact your insurance provider and ask them if they have a way to run a search on the VIN.

Upvote 0