Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On-screen icons showing location of local parks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The screen on my M3 has recently started to show the location of local parks with green, tree-shaped icons - I have not seen this before and I cannot figure out how to switch them off and on.

What's the process?

Thanks
Murray C.

The screen on my M3 has recently started to show the location of local parks with green, tree-shaped icons - I have not seen this before and I cannot figure out how to switch them off and on.

What's the process?

Thanks
Murray C.
This is not new, Tesla uses Google maps as the base display map (note navigation map used for turn-by-turn is different). You will notice Google maps uses the same tree icon for parks:
Google Maps

From a quick google search, here's an image from more than a year ago (Feb 2022) as proof:
8jvxptslw3i81.png

There's no way to filter specific icons, but you can press the pin icon on the screen to hide POIs (icon is in the right side in the shot above, position may have changed or menu may be hidden; also car may need to be in park for it to show; the setting may also change depending on the current profile):
teardrop icon with black dot in middle
"Display/hide map details (such as points of interest)."
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

Last edited: