Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suddenly Homelink icon doesn’t show up on my main menu screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suddenly Homelink icon doesn’t show up on my main menu screen when I get into my Tesla to leave home. I can still use homelink by accessing Controls. But when I come back the icon is there where it always was. Can’t seem to figure out why this has suddenly changed. Can anyone help??

It's software. Software changes. A lot of people think that changing user interfaces frequently to "freshen" them is a good thing. :rolleyes: Sometimes there are bugs. :mad:

That said, when you first get into the car, maybe the icon isn't there, but does it appear when you shift into drive/reverse? I think mine always does at least that, but it's possible I am on a different rev than you.

I was actually caught out by this constant moving/changing of the UI just 2 days ago. I was backing my car out of the garage so my wife could reposition hers in the garage so the Tesla service guy could work on her car out of the rain. I backed out and she started back out as well and bam: my car triggered the garage door to close. I scrambled trying to find the homelink button but either it was gone from my screen or much smaller (probably the latter, but I was in a bit of a panic situation watching my wife back out into a closing door. She panicked as well and didn't realize that she was barely out of the garage yet (her tires weren't even past the sensors) and she gunned it, severely damaging the bottom panel of the garage door and shattering her Model Y's glass roof. Yeah, not a good day.