Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario Insurance. BelairDirect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve found Intact/Belair to have good rates for home and auto. They also handle claims well. CAA has been good also, no complaints, but I switched to Intact a while back.
I’ve been with Intact now for years, and have had a claim for both home and auto. Both times handled well.
I usually do my own research, and find my own insurance company that meets my needs, instead of going through a broker. I find brokers only work with specific insurance companies, so you don’t necessarily get the best price or policy. They also don’t seem to care if you have the right coverage. They just want to sell a policy.
That been my experience over many many years.

So if I buy a brand new model y LR with FSD. The cost will be 70K without FSD and 90K with FSD.
Say it gets totaled 3 months after I buy it.
How much will CAA pay me? 70K or 90K?
If you pay 20K for the FSD when buying a new Tesla then you certainly want to get it insured. For me, If I sell my Model 3 in the Market, the FSD only worth less than 2K, so for me the FSD is a 2K item. With no FSD transfer program, I will purchase an Y without FSD anyway. The FSD transferring is just gift from Elon.
Also because the FSD transferred from the old Tesla will not appear on the new Tesla sales document, I am pretty sure no insurance company will insure It.