Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Source Teslalogger on Raspberry / Docker with ScanMyTesla integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry guys for the late response, I have been on a long trip (3250mls / 5200km) to the Black Sea / Romania. It was very nice.

1632130876488.png

Authentification Problems​

As many have seen, Tesla has changed the authentification process the last few days, so we had problems inserting new cars to Teslalogger. Tesla inserted a reCaptcha in their authentification process and showing it in a page outside Tesla's page is quite difficult. So the current version of Teslalogger uses the service of 2Captcha to solve them which I have to pay. So if you use the free Docker, it will be kind of you to leave a donation. PayPal: Pay Christian Pogea using PayPal.Me
Thanks!

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
I've recently started to experiment with TeslaLogger and it seems to be confirming my suspicion that my car (2016 MS 85D) is not sleeping properly. I'm not sure what is normal but my car spends a lot of its time 'Online', very little time 'Offline' and almost no time 'Asleep'. I am lucky to have a short commute of ~7miles per day (so short that I often cycle). I am surprised to find that vampire drain can use as much energy as my commute!

I got an interesting result when my car went in for service with Tesla:- (I'd show an image but not sure how to insert one). For the whole duration of the 'In Service' time the TeslaLogger showed 'Asleep' (the car was in the workshop from 15:49 on 27th September to 16:33 on 28th September). I'm not sure whether the car was really asleep - but this is how it is logged.

Generally my car will sleep for short bursts of ~49 minutes and then change to 'Online' for ~22 minutes. I might see 2 or 3 cycles like this over several hours.
I also see 'Offline' occasionally, usually ~49minutes again and I am assuming that the car is asleep when it reports 'Offline'. These cycles are also interspersed with ~22minute 'Online periods'.
The rest of the time it is 'Online' - usually for about 3 hours solid before another 3 cycles of sleep/offline and online occur.

I have gone to some lengths to ensure that the only thing accessing the car is TeslaLogger (complete deep reset of car, password changes etc).
I have passive entry turned off and keep my keys away from the car.
The same cycles are observed at home (with Wifi access) and at work (without WiFi access).

Is what I am seeing typical? I have a Nissan Leaf which has remote access through a (closed) API and this manages to have virtually zero vampire drain. If all Teslas behave like mine then the Tesla fleet will be making a huge unnecessary (vampire) drain on the planet's precious resources!

Apologies if there is a better place to post this query - there's not much English language discussion of TeslaLogger on the interwebs...

I've recently started to experiment with TeslaLogger and it seems to be confirming my suspicion that my car (2016 MS 85D) is not sleeping properly. I'm not sure what is normal but my car spends a lot of its time 'Online', very little time 'Offline' and almost no time 'Asleep'. I am lucky to have a short commute of ~7miles per day (so short that I often cycle). I am surprised to find that vampire drain can use as much energy as my commute!

I got an interesting result when my car went in for service with Tesla:- (I'd show an image but not sure how to insert one). For the whole duration of the 'In Service' time the TeslaLogger showed 'Asleep' (the car was in the workshop from 15:49 on 27th September to 16:33 on 28th September). I'm not sure whether the car was really asleep - but this is how it is logged.

Generally my car will sleep for short bursts of ~49 minutes and then change to 'Online' for ~22 minutes. I might see 2 or 3 cycles like this over several hours.
I also see 'Offline' occasionally, usually ~49minutes again and I am assuming that the car is asleep when it reports 'Offline'. These cycles are also interspersed with ~22minute 'Online periods'.
The rest of the time it is 'Online' - usually for about 3 hours solid before another 3 cycles of sleep/offline and online occur.

I have gone to some lengths to ensure that the only thing accessing the car is TeslaLogger (complete deep reset of car, password changes etc).
I have passive entry turned off and keep my keys away from the car.
The same cycles are observed at home (with Wifi access) and at work (without WiFi access).

Is what I am seeing typical? I have a Nissan Leaf which has remote access through a (closed) API and this manages to have virtually zero vampire drain. If all Teslas behave like mine then the Tesla fleet will be making a huge unnecessary (vampire) drain on the planet's precious resources!

Apologies if there is a better place to post this query - there's not much English language discussion of TeslaLogger on the interwebs...

The top priority of teslalogger is to make sure your car can sleep as there is no Teslalogger at all. This is how it should look like:

1632898397585.png

If you have MCU1 make sure you have these settings:
- 'Energy Savings' is enabled on your vehicle
- 'Always Connected' is OFF on your vehicle
- Cabin overheat disabled.

If you have upgraded your MCU and you have a car older than 2018, then you have to live with vampir drain like 1% per day. Thats because cars with AP2 and prior doesn't have a dedicated standby harness to the mcu and it will drain your 12V battery. To make sure your 12V battery won't die, your car will be waked up every hour for a couple of minutes to recharge the 12V battery.

if you have the old MCU1 and the settings above and your car is waking up often at night, your 12V battery is about to die.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Sleep.png

Hi Christian, Thanks for the detailed reply. I now see how to add an image - see plot above which was described in my email. The extended 'Asleep' period coincides with the car being in Tesla's workshop for service.

The first 24 hours (of 48) shown above is typical behaviour for my car. What's annoying is the extended 'online' periods in between the sporadic sleeps.

The car is an AP1 which has been upgraded to MCU2 - so I guess the wake up every hour is an inevitable consequence, but it would be good if it slept more often. Any suggestions?

The car is an AP1 which has been upgraded to MCU2 - so I guess the wake up every hour is an inevitable consequence, but it would be good if it slept more often. Any suggestions?

I think from Tesla side there is no solution for pre 2017 cars with MCU2 upgrade: 12v battery is now charging 24 hours / day

I read about somebody tried to install a higher capacity 12V battery to keep the recharge cycles to a minimum, but I didn't see a proof it will working. In theory it should work.

Hello,

Sorry to disturb you.

I have a problem with GRAFANA.

I have not given any.

I have this message on all dashboards

I have an error message, I cannot resolve it.

I am a beginner

Attachments

• GRAFANA2.JPG
    GRAFANA2.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 53
  • grafana.JPG
    grafana.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 62
Sorry - another dumb support request:- My system doesn't seem to remember the tokens entered in the admin settings page. It works ok until I get a software update and when I (eventually) notice that the logger is not working I have to re-enter them. There may be a file somewhere where these are kept that I could edit (and/or change access priviledges)?
Or is this normal behaviour?

Sorry - another dumb support request:- My system doesn't seem to remember the tokens entered in the admin settings page. It works ok until I get a software update and when I (eventually) notice that the logger is not working I have to re-enter them. There may be a file somewhere where these are kept that I could edit (and/or change access priviledges)?
Or is this normal behaviour?
I have recently installed Teslalogger and seems to have same problem. The car is shown as offline. I thought that this maybe is a energy saving feature or similar. But it seems not. Yesterday my car was offline according to Teslalogger. I did not do anything about it. Today I did a trip with my car. Now when checking Teslalogger - the car is offline and nothing about the trip. I updated the tokens and now I can see the car as online, but still nothing about the trip today.

Now I am new to this, just installed, so might be something that I am doing wrong, but looks like one have to have a constant eye on the status of the car in Teslalogger webpage. If offline one have to get new tokens. If not I cannot see anything data registered as I can see nothing from my trip today. I didn't have any data since earlier.

When it comes to tokens, do anyone now if there is a way to list all tokens from Tesla point of view?

I have recently installed Teslalogger and seems to have same problem. The car is shown as offline. I thought that this maybe is a energy saving feature or similar. But it seems not. Yesterday my car was offline according to Teslalogger. I did not do anything about it. Today I did a trip with my car. Now when checking Teslalogger - the car is offline and nothing about the trip. I updated the tokens and now I can see the car as online, but still nothing about the trip today.

Now I am new to this, just installed, so might be something that I am doing wrong, but looks like one have to have a constant eye on the status of the car in Teslalogger webpage. If offline one have to get new tokens. If not I cannot see anything data registered as I can see nothing from my trip today. I didn't have any data since earlier.

When it comes to tokens, do anyone now if there is a way to list all tokens from Tesla point of view?
Did you try to update to newest Teslalogger Version?

Could you please PM me your logfile?

hello,

i have a issue making TeslaLogger up and running on my raspberrry pi 3.

i followd this link -->

after this i git clone teslalogger and followed the docker install manual but get the error:

errortext = 'Error: php_network_getaddresses - URL: http://teslalogger:5000/getallcars

what did go wrong?
Please PM me your Logfile.

View attachment 715785

Hi Christian, Thanks for the detailed reply. I now see how to add an image - see plot above which was described in my email. The extended 'Asleep' period coincides with the car being in Tesla's workshop for service.

The first 24 hours (of 48) shown above is typical behaviour for my car. What's annoying is the extended 'online' periods in between the sporadic sleeps.

What's interesting is that my car (2016 MS 90D with MCU2 upgrade) did something similar. My car never sleeps now according to this app but when I took it in for service it did. The part in the middle of the picture below is when I had my car in for service earlier this week:
1650071065471.png

Also, not sure what this means, but I am seeing these errors in the logfile:
16.04.2022 02:41:35 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:43:32 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:44:48 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:45:23 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:45:58 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:46:34 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:47:09 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:48:25 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:49:41 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:50:57 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:53:33 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:54:49 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:56:05 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:56:40 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:57:15 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached
16.04.2022 02:57:50 : #1: SMT: Resource Limit Is Reached

I really want to love this app but with all the inconsistency of it makes me want to move over to something else.
  • German/English language variations
  • 15.04.2022 22:00:32 : Key'1' not Found in Translationfile!
    15.04.2022 22:00:32 : Update: /etc/teslalogger/tmp/Grafana/Zellspannungen 81-99 - ScanMyTesla.json
    15.04.2022 22:00:32 : Convert to language: en
    15.04.2022 22:00:32 : Key 'Battery power [kW]' not Found in Translationfile!
    15.04.2022 22:00:32 : Key '1' not Found in Translationfile!
  • Missing data (part of my longest trip ever is missing)
  • 1650071840894.png
  • Inconsistent data (my mileage and range is off) Yup, that's me up there in the pink throwing off all the averages 😢
  • 1650072246651.png

Last edited: