Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

opinions wanted on wishful features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looking for your opinions on a couple features i wish my Tesla had. Your thoughts?
1. automatic turn signal during navigation driving for every turn. not just lane change, but also at intersections. yes, i realize hitting the turn signal stalk is no big deal but Tesla's features are making me lazier. should be relatively easy for Tesla to add, no?
2. option to allow the vehicle to speed up a little during an automatic lane change for an upcoming exit. perhaps an adjustable setting that allows an increase in speed from 1-10 mph or something. so often there is another vehicle in the lane the Tesla wants to enter, it abruptly slows down to get behind it. i would prefer it speed up to get ahead of it.

“Speed up dammit” is a feature of much discussion. I can see why Tesla would be unwilling to accelerate out of trouble though. You and I can plan ahead, past the immediate future, but AI has a very long way to go before it can do that. Right now they’re still working on how to manage what’s happening Right Now, and braking is the only guaranteed way to reduce the system’s kinetic energy (which after all is what enables Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly mode).

I think I would like to see it implemented as a more fuzzy set point, much as you describe. Chill mode seems to accept deviations of up to 10-11 mph slower than the set point before taking action and we want something that gives us a positive deviation.

One of the unexpected adjustments I made to my driving habits in the Model 3 was to start covering the accelerator, rather than the brake. I find I can make the positive adjustments pretty easily with my foot ;)