TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Original Model S Wheels?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Benjanos, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Benjanos

Benjanos Member

Hi Team, I am searching for a second hand set of winter wheels. I found the wheels in the pictures below, oddly they seem to be the original 19" Model S wheels (which I want) but in grey (which could work for me). Anyone know if Tesla did these from factory or are they modified (painted). Also if anyone has a link to a summary of all wheels ever sold on model S that may help solve the mystery.

Center caps are silver, which seems odd if they are factory.

Thanks for any tips!

tesla-felgen-19-ab-1-.jpg download.jpg

2. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

#2 dark cloud, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    They do look factory, just painted or powder coated grey. Look at the back; they will have a Tesla T on them.

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 6.24.52 PM.png

here is a good summary:

The Tesla Model S Wheel Guide

• Helpful x 1
  3. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

4. Eikrokei

Eikrokei Member

That was a rather helpful reply, but note that the list above is not complete,it's missing the aero wheels and I believe there was also a small batch of grey cyclones produced, I don't think they ever showed up in the configurator, but some people received them when buying winter tires from Tesla. Never heard of grey standard wheels however, so I suspect that these were painted/coated after purchase, not 100% certain about this though.

5. Benjanos

Benjanos Member

Thanks all. Lets see if my bidding is successful, maybe I can tell if they are original once I get a close look. Does not sound like though...

6. Benjanos

Benjanos Member

So I picked up these wheels today, below are some shots of the numbers inside the rims. The gentleman I bought them from swears he bought them in this color from Tesla three years ago (not on a car but just as wheels, spare parts). He said he would search for the original invoice but doubts he still has it. I'm still curious if these are rare/original or just powder coated. Probably does not matter but hey, my car is my hobby!

If anyone has a clue, I'm very appreciative.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg